16 CECs / eBook / Quiz
The Plant-Based Athlete by Matt Frazier and Robert Cheeke reveals the incontrovertible proof that the human body does not need meat, eggs, or dairy to be strong. Instead, research shows that a consciously calibrated plant-based diet offers the greatest possible recovery times, cell oxidation, injury prevention, and restorative sleep, and allows athletes to train more effectively, with better results.
The Plant-Based Athlete offers readers:
- A persuasive body of evidence for adopting a plant-based lifestyle, with key information about how macronutrients, micronutrients, and calories fuel a body running on plant foods
- An entire chapter devoted to protein – why plant sources of protein are preferable over meat, and how plant protein can be used to increase strength, muscle mass, and power
- 60+ delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes, including Veggie Burger Patties, Garden Meatballs, Summer Pasta Salad, Vegan Mac & Cheese, French Toast, Acai Bowl, and a High-Energy Smoothie
- Insights from winning plant-based athletes in nearly every sport including champion ultrarunners Rich Roll and Scott Jurek; former NFL player David Carter; champion boxers Yuri Foreman, Unsal Arik, Cam Awesome, and Vanessa Espinoza; and Olympic-level swimmers, cyclists, figure skaters, sprinters, and more.
- A Day in the Life of a Plant-Based Athlete – examples of what, when, and how different athletes eat to fuel their varied workouts
Let Customers Speak for Us
Being that I am a plant based eater and exercise regularly , I found this course to be very exciting! The knowledge I gained has also been helpful in guiding my clients.
Very informative book! AFPA was very attentive to my needs and questions
I have got my answers for protein & why its important. This is a wonderful certification and I m looking to many more. I like the recipes that have been provided at the end and have started trying to make them as well.
I can not get to the test . When I first tried I never got to read anything not even where to type my name and the test said I had finished 75% so that meant I failed before I got it started so that was totally a waste of my money. I live in the country trees and internet isn’t great, that’s why in the beginning I inquired about written test. So nothing has gone good. After 20 some years. I am still working on getting my CEC’s . Thanks for asking. Patti Webb
We have emailed and had conversations regarding how and where to access your exam. Please refer to your previous emails for guidance. Amy
Payment Plans Available
Choose from 3, 6, or 12 months. Instant approval. Safe and secure.