Be The Sports Nutrition Expert
Discover how to improve your client’s or athlete’s abilities through well-designed performance nutrition in 6 months or less.
The Sports Nutritionist Certification online course is the perfect program for nutrition coaching consultants, personal trainers, strength trainers, group fitness instructors, athletes of all levels, and all associated health practitioners and enthusiasts!
- Just starting out in the health, fitness, or wellness industry
- Passionate about health and considering a career change
- Wanting to deepen your knowledge of sports nutrition
You can become AFPA Certified in only 6 months!
What Can I Do as a Sports Nutritionist?
The optimum way for you or your clients and athletes to get the most out of their workouts and feel their best is to develop an energizing, performance-enhancing nutrition plan, tailored to their body’s specific needs.
As an AFPA Certified Sports Nutritionist, you’ll have the tools and confidence to:
- Offer a sound performance nutritional plan by presenting a balanced nutritional strategy that leads to optimal performance
- Discuss pros and cons of supplementation and optimal performance meal plans
- Identify the effects of eating disorders on sports performance, including bulimia and anorexia, and examine the psychological link
- Assist athletes in understanding the importance of meal timing for optimal performance results
- Administer a safe, effective, and reasonable weight loss program for athletes who cut weight, such as wrestlers, gymnasts, weight lifters, and bodybuilders
- Describe the recommendations for macronutrient and micronutrient intake in athletes based on the current research
- Construct an eating plan to assist a client to lose body fat while minimizing the loss of lean body mass
- Interpret the relationship between nutrition and immune function in athletes
What You’ll Get:
This online Sports Nutritionist Certification course will prepare you to expand your credibility and career potential. You’ll leave with all of the core skills that you’ll need to begin your journey as a successful Sports Nutritionist.
- All course materials
- Course textbooks
- Course activities
- Chapter workbook activities
- Practice quizzes and self assessments
- Multimedia learning: online student workbook, powerpoint presentations, and case studies
- Final exam
- Bonus materials
- More meal planning and snack ideas throughout the book
- Updated research covering carbohydrate intake and performance
- Updated sport beverage comparison chart with new products
- Expanded section on weight gain, including meal plans
- Updated information on the Health Claims and Nutrient Content Claims
A Look Inside The Curriculum:
Develop nutrition programs that enhance performance by combining objective evidence and leading research. With this sports nutrition certification, you’ll learn:
- Dietary patterns that maximize performance and prevent disease for improved health
- Research advancements in ergogenic aids
- Sample eating plans that show you how to fuel for specific workouts
- How to eat well before games or tournaments and refuel afterward for optimal recovery
- How to decipher current food, diet, and supplement options and understand which are best and why
- How to overcome food and weight obsessions
- How to lose undesired body fat while maintaining energy for exercise
- Strategies to boost energy, reduce stress, control weight, improve health, and enhance workouts
- Jobs in sports nutrition
- Major metabolic pathways calculations and conversions
- How to use carbohydrates, fat, and protein as fuel for exercise
- How to achieve healthy body weight
- Body composition
- Fluid and electrolyte balance
- Antioxidant nutrients
- Micronutrients important in blood formation
- Nutrition and fitness assessment
- Ergogenic substances: evaluating sport nutrition products
- Nutrition consultation with athletes
- Weight management for endurance and ultra-endurance athletes
- Special populations
- The gastrointestinal tract
- Growth and body mass index charts
130000+ students certified
29+ years of excellence in education
30+ certification programs offered
98.9% student satisfaction
“What I loved most about getting certified with AFPA is that it really opened the opportunities for my long-term career, and it gave me direction.”
— Taylor Kalisiak, AFPA Sports Nutritionist
Let Customers Speak for Us
Herbal Apothecary is a superb course to learn about the many herbs. I enjoyed this course so much and recommend all take it to learn all about herbs.
This course was by far the most educational and phenomenal one I have ever taken in my six years with AFPA. This is a must have CEU!
Great course, fun and scientific way of thinking about nutrients and what to eat. I actually learned a lot! Just wish it was longer and more in-depth. The supplemental study handouts were great in-depth info!
Is This Program Right For Me? Answer
A career in Sports Nutrition may be the ideal fit, if you…
- Are interested in working with clients and/or athletes one-on-one and guiding them towards to toward making lasting, meaningful behavioral changes to enhance their lives
- Desire the freedom and flexibility that comes with running your own nutritional consulting business
- Are looking to change careers and align yourself on a professional path that is deeply satisfying and financially rewarding
- Already work as a fitness or healthcare professional and want to expand your services and increase your income
Are textbooks included in my enrollment fee? Answer
Yes! Your enrollment fee includes lifetime access to all of the digital textbooks you will need to complete this course.
Digital textbooks allow us to offer the most up-to-date curriculum, give you immediate access to the materials, plus offer portability across devices.
We understand that learning styles and preferences vary. If you are interested in purchasing physical textbooks in addition to the digital textbooks that are included in your course enrollment fee, you can find a complete book list within your online student learning platform.
Are There Payment Plans? Answer
Select Affirm at checkout to split your purchase into monthly payments starting at 0% APR with no hidden fees.
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.
Do I Qualify? Answer
To enroll in the Sports Nutrition Certification Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Sports Nutritionist” on your certificate.
Payment Plans Available Starting at 0% APR
Choose from 3, 6, or 12 months. Instant approval. Safe and secure.