Take Your Personal Training Career To The Next Level
Become a Certified Advanced Personal Trainer In 6 months or less.
As a Personal Trainer, you know first-hand just how rewarding it is working with clients on reaching their fitness goals.
But what if you could take it to another level?
A level that allows you to diversify your services and programs, increase your salary and design exceptional and progressive workout plans?
The AFPA Advanced Personal Trainer Certification program offers valuable leading-edge insights in health, fitness and nutrition performance to take your career to new heights.
What’s It Like Being a Certified Advanced Personal Trainer?
As an AFPA Certified Advanced Personal Trainer, you’ll have the credibility and confidence to develop goal-oriented exercise programs for deconditioned, conditioned and athletic clients. This advanced personal training course will also teach you how to effectively:
- Identify the process of progressive muscular overload with application to athletes
- Demonstrate the differences between isometric and isokinetic resistance with application for sports
- Explain the endocrine system’s response to resistance training and apply it to client’s goals
- Differentiate the cardiovascular training effects and high intensity resistance training effects on overall cardiovascular health
- Interpret the physiological effects on the human body of aerobic, anaerobic and interval training
- Construct an advanced periodization program to improve performance
- Design an exercise program based on the principles of specialization and lifting techniques
- Interpret the detraining phenomenon on both motor performance and strength loss
- Demonstrate a safe and effective training program to improve overall power and strength
What You’ll Get:
This Advanced Personal Trainer Certification program is continuously developed by trusted, experienced professionals who are experts in their field.
In this advanced personal training course, you’ll gain access to top-tier education that will provide you with all of the knowledge and practical skills that you’ll need to advance your fitness career.
- All course materials (eBooks and/or physical textbooks based on your learning preference)
- Practice quizzes and self assessments
- Final exam
- Case studies
A Look Inside the Curriculum
Revealing Functional Weaknesses Answer
Learn how to expose and overcome weaknesses to form a foundation for long-term training gains.
- Identify functional weaknesses and correct imbalances
- Learn how to refine specific movement skills such as jumping, kicking, cutting, and turning
- Tailor the training exercises and drills to the development of sport-specific performance factors
Foundations to Advanced Training Answer
Learn how to test and build up the nine essential fitness components, including power, strength, speed, quickness, coordination, agility, flexibility, local muscular endurance, and cardiovascular aerobic capacity and endurance.
Creating Periodization Programs Answer
Periodize training programs precisely for peak performance at critical points in the competitive season, and if necessary, use a safe and effective reconditioning regimen to bring a clients athlete back from injury.
- Case study exercise prescriptions
- Advanced training strategies
Stability, Coordination, Mobility and Imbalances Answer
Discover the assessment tests to help find the imbalances in movement patterns. Sample corrective exercises are demonstrated to improve mobility and stability, as well as, ways to integrate these exercises into a regular training program.
130000+ students certified
29+ years of excellence in education
30+ certification programs offered
98.9% student satisfaction
“I looked at a lot of certifications out there. You name it, I’ve looked at it, but AFPA stood out to me. They’re out-of-the-box thinkers and so am I! The certification process was fairly easy, it was very effective, and fun to learn.”
— Andrew Schuth, AFPA Personal Trainer
Let Customers Speak for Us
I have been in a place of personal reset and since I took your training with holistic nutritionist and continue to certify it's been hard to market myself. But I learned to apply what you taught me and coupled with some other things I have learned I know the next move is the personal trainer certification. So thank you for the chance to be able to begin to mentor people. I'm trying to put my own personal testimony together called my personal Reset I had this started seven months before I ever checked into this and so imagine the encouragement I received when the beginning of the class they talked about reset. Thank you for your continued guidance have a blessed day.
Dual certification is an exciting endeavor, Michelle! Congratulations on your Holistic Nutritionist Certification and best of luck in your Personal Trainer Certification program! We're here if you need anything as you move through your new course.
I think we need yo be more practical because we read a lot, and i think is better to be more active instead
Are textbooks included in my enrollment fee? Answer
Yes! Your enrollment fee includes lifetime access to all of the digital textbooks you will need to complete this course.
Digital textbooks allow us to offer the most up-to-date curriculum, give you immediate access to the materials, plus offer portability across devices.
We understand that learning styles and preferences vary. If you are interested in purchasing physical textbooks in addition to the digital textbooks that are included in your course enrollment fee, you can find a complete book list within your online student learning platform.
Is this Program Right For Me? Answer
You’re looking for world-class education on strength, power, endurance and improving ability in various advanced training disciplines. The Advanced Personal Trainer Certification course is the perfect program if you:
- Communicate effectively. Having above-average interpersonal skills gives you an edge when it comes to motivating your clients. The best Advanced Personal Trainers go beyond teaching how to execute lifts and exercises effectively by relating with athletes on a trustworthy level.
- Have a driven, growth mindset. You put your passion for learning in the driver’s seat! With new specialized fitness credentials, you can thrive as a professional in an industry that is constantly evolving.
- Crave flexible job opportunities. Whether you enjoy working independently or at an athletic facility, performance institute, fitness studio, university or prefer to travel with a semi-pro/professional sports team – the possibilities are endless when you’re AFPA certified.
Are There Payment Plans? Answer
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.
Do I Qualify? Answer
To qualify for the Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Program, you must:
- Hold a valid Personal Trainer Certification or similar certification.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Advanced Personal Trainer” on your certificate.
Payment Plans Available
Choose from 3, 6, or 12 months. Instant approval. Safe and secure.