Help People Reach Their Personal Best Weight
There are a few reasons that drive a person to want to lose weight. For some, maintaining a healthy weight is important because they want to avoid the likelihood of developing (potentially) life-threatening diseases like heart disease or diabetes.
For others, being overweight negatively fuels insecurities, which can lead to dangerous mental illnesses like anorexia and bulimia nervosa.
The AFPA Weight Management Specialist Certification program provides the tools to develop balanced yet results-focused nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle programs and effectively communicate them to clients who want to reach their goals.
What Can I Do as a Weight Management Specialist?
The AFPA Weight Management Specialist Certification program provides a holistic approach to weight and health management.
Once you’re AFPA certified, you’ll be able to:
- Work with clients in finding their optimal weight to enhance their quality of life
- Examine the psychological link that exists between individuals and eating disorders
- Explain the physiological effects of eating disorders on the human body and how they can be addressed by fitness and wellness professionals
- Differentiate between healthy carbohydrates and unhealthy carbohydrates
- Construct a safe, effective, and reasonable weight management program that encourages healthy eating and sensible exercise
- Counsel clients on weight management using effective communication and goal-setting techniques
Is Specializing in Weight Management Right For Me?
A career as a weight loss consultant may be the ideal fit, if you…
- Are an effective communicator with a passion for helping people get what they desire by implementing a holistic approach to health and weight management
- Are looking to switch careers and align yourself on a professional path that is deeply satisfying and financially rewarding… (You can earn back the cost of your tuition with your very first client!)
- Already work as a fitness or healthcare professional and want to deepen your knowledge of evidence-based nutrition protocols
- Want to get world-class education without constraints on your schedule, lifestyle or bank account
What You’ll Get:
- All course materials
- 3 certification textbooks
- Online final exam
- Guidebook on legal standards, risk management, and professional ethics
- Online Course modules to stay on track
- Counseling and lifestyle management forms for starting your own business
- Practice questions, case study and critical thinking self-assessments to test progress
- Forms, worksheets, checklists and client questionnaires
A Look Inside The Curriculum:
This weight loss consultant program will provide you with the education you need to guide your clients to achieve their weight loss goals through behavior modification and will provide you with the skills necessary to help them achieve long-term weight management.
Understanding Concepts of Underweight, Overweight, and Obesity Answer
Study the differences in body compositions as they relate to Body Mass Index (BMI) and interpret the causes of obesity in America. Topics include:
- Prevalence of overweight in the Western world
- Health consequences of overweight and obesity
- Calculating the optimum weight for longevity and health
Assessing Metabolic Rate and Body Composition Answer
Find out why a higher metabolism is favorable for weight loss. You’ll review how to do a clinical assessment of body composition and the speed at which chemical metabolic reactions take place in the body. Topics include:
- Body size, shape, and composition
- Clinical assessment of body composition
- Genetic factors and body composition
- Dietary and physical activity assessment
- Connecting assessment components together
- Bioimpedance analysis concepts and techniques
- Energy metabolism
- The metabolic fate of ingested food
- Energy expenditure: metabolic rate
- Energy expenditure: diet-induced thermogenesis
- Non-resting energy expenditure: fidgeting, exercise, and other physical activities
Physiological Influences on Weight Management Answer
Understand the essential physiological factors that affect body fat percentage and can contribute to weight fluctuation. Topics include:
- Issues of the thyroid gland
- Issues of the gonadal systems
- Issues of the adrenal gland
- Issues of other organs of the endocrine system
Lifestyle Balancing Answer
Analyze lifestyle habits and experiences, how these “overlap” with each other, and how it is all connected to the success or failure of weight management. Topics include:
- Basic nutrition for weight management
- Stress reduction
- Genetic influences
- Past issues of abuse
- Emotional eating
- Inflammation control
- Medical / allergy testing
- Environmental influences on body weight
- Herbal and other natural weight regulators
- Weight counseling in clinical practice
130000+ students certified
29+ years of excellence in education
30+ certification programs offered
98.9% student satisfaction
“The price of the certification and the length of time required is really achievable. it was very easy to digest, and I like the way the certifications are modular. So, i was able to build on my first certification.”
— Harvey Slater, AFPA Weight Management Specialist
Let Customers Speak for Us
Herbal Apothecary is a superb course to learn about the many herbs. I enjoyed this course so much and recommend all take it to learn all about herbs.
This course was by far the most educational and phenomenal one I have ever taken in my six years with AFPA. This is a must have CEU!
Great course, fun and scientific way of thinking about nutrients and what to eat. I actually learned a lot! Just wish it was longer and more in-depth. The supplemental study handouts were great in-depth info!
Are There Payment Plans? Answer
Select Affirm at checkout to split your purchase into monthly payments starting at 0% APR with no hidden fees.
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.
Are textbooks included in my enrollment fee? Answer
Yes! Your enrollment fee includes lifetime access to all of the digital textbooks you will need to complete this course.
Digital textbooks allow us to offer the most up-to-date curriculum, give you immediate access to the materials, plus offer portability across devices.
We understand that learning styles and preferences vary. If you are interested in purchasing physical textbooks in addition to the digital textbooks that are included in your course enrollment fee, you can find a complete book list within your online student learning platform.
Do I Qualify? Answer
To enroll in the Weight Management Specialist Certification Program, you must:
- Hold a valid Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification, Holistic Nutritionist Certification, or similar certification.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Weight Management Specialist” on your certificate.
Payment Plans Available Starting at 0% APR
Choose from 3, 6, or 12 months. Instant approval. Safe and secure.