Create Life-Changing Results by Becoming a Nutrition and Wellness Consultant
The AFPA Nutrition and Wellness Consultant Certification is your ticket to an elite nutrition education, the credibility to teach it, and the skill to turn action into results.
- Just starting out in the health, fitness, or wellness industry
- Passionate about health and considering a career change
- Wanting to deepen their knowledge of how to give nutritional guidance
You can become AFPA certified in 6 months or less!
What’s the Difference Between the Holistic Nutritionist Certification and This One?
- The Nutrition and Wellness Consultant Certification program focuses on evidence-based strategies to achieve optimal health through food based on MyPlate, a government recommended revision of the Food Pyramid.
- The Holistic Nutritionist Certification program teaches you how to help clients understand how their nutrition and lifestyle behaviors affect their overall health and wellness. It provides you with the knowledge necessary to build a unique strategy together with your client so that they can make sustainable health behavior changes.
What You’ll Get:
This Program will provide you with all of the knowledge, core skills, confidence and tools that you’ll need to begin your journey as a Nutrition & Wellness Consultant.
- All course materials
- Digital eBooks and/or physical textbooks based your learning preference
- Chapter outlines and chapter study guides
- Practice quizzes and self assessments
- Multimedia learning: PDF slide presentations, Audio + Video Lecture
- Online final exam
- Counseling and lifestyle management forms for starting your own business
- Forms, worksheets, checklists and client questionnaires
A Look Inside The Curriculum:
Module 1: Nutritional Science Answer
Start off learning fundamental nutritional principles, followed by the basics of micro, macro, and energy-influencing nutrients. You’ll find additional chapters on alcohol, weight management, life-cycle nutrition, food safety, and world hunger. Each part of this module relates nutrition science directly and practically so you can understand and apply the information to your own life as well as your prospective clients.
Educational topics include:
- The art of understanding nutrition
- The pursuit of a healthy diet
- The challenge of dietary guidelines
- Nutrition anatomy: digestion and metabolism
- Carbohydrates: simple, complex and guidelines; hypoglycemia, diabetes, and sugar
- Lipids: fats and oils; good fats and bad fats, understanding fat replacers
- Proteins and amino acids: protein quality, recommendations, and the vegetarian diet
- Vitamins: classifications and guidelines; antioxidants, energy metabolism, and phytonutrients
- Water, minerals and alcohol: absorption, energy metabolism and nutritional impact
- Weight gain, loss and successful weight loss strategies
- Nutrition and fitness: energy, fuels and fluids for physical activity
- Latest research on DRIs, healthy fats, organic foods, athletes and supplements
- Cultural foods and ethnic differences
- Pregnancy and nutrition requirements
- Nutrition needs and recommendations for infants, children and teens
- Nutrition for needs and recommendations for older adults and seniors
- Food safety and foodborne illnesses
- Food storage and preparation
- Aids to calculations and the food exchange
- American Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations
- Canadian Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations
- Table of Food Composition
Module 2: Nutrition Consultant Skill Development Answer
Dive into building the essential knowledge of successful counseling strategies and protocol. To further enhance your knowledge, you will explore practical examples, action-based worksheets, and case studies that demonstrate various theoretical approaches, counseling strategies, and common nutritional assessments in a variety of settings.
Additional areas of study include:
- Goal setting and designing a plan of action
- Dietary assessment
- Energy determinations, physical assessment, documentation/charting
- Group counseling
Module 3: Holistic Health Research Presentations Answer
Analyze the most current research, including practical advice on how best to feed ourselves and our families to reverse chronic diseases.
Once you’ve completed this course and become an AFPA Certified Nutrition & Wellness Consultant, you’ll also be eligible for optional Board Certification.
Endless Opportunities for Professional Growth
AFPA programs are trusted by elite health professionals worldwide. As a Nutrition & Wellness Consultant, you could earn upwards of $83,000 per year, with median salaries around $55,000.
Become an Entrepreneur
You’ll have access to AFPA’s business resources to help you establish a successful nutrition consulting business. As a wellness entrepreneur, you can live out your dream on your own time, in your own way. You’ll learn step-by-step how to establish a reputable consulting business that will allow you to meet with clients in a variety of settings, whether a physical therapy center, hospital, coffee shop, or at home.
Find Your Dream Workplace
Getting certified with AFPA will provide you with the education, tools, and knowledge to help your clients achieve their nutrition and wellness goals. Many of our graduates use their accredited education to pursue a variety of career paths such as sports nutritionists, corporate wellness consultants, health educators, nutrition and wellness writers and more.
Let Customers Speak for Us
Herbal Apothecary is a superb course to learn about the many herbs. I enjoyed this course so much and recommend all take it to learn all about herbs.
This course was by far the most educational and phenomenal one I have ever taken in my six years with AFPA. This is a must have CEU!
Great course, fun and scientific way of thinking about nutrients and what to eat. I actually learned a lot! Just wish it was longer and more in-depth. The supplemental study handouts were great in-depth info!
Is This Program Right For Me? Answer
Only you are the master of your professional destiny. You’re looking in the right place if you:
- Find it incredibly rewarding helping others reach their goals and coaching on how to live healthier and happier lives.
- Seek easy entry. Instead of spending years going to school to become a doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant, you’ll put your expertise into practice faster and start helping clients sooner. Also? You’ll save tens of thousands of dollars in the process.
- Crave flexible job opportunities. Whether working in group settings or one-on-one, for yourself or at a wellness center, corporate wellness program, or medical office, the possibilities are endless when you’re AFPA certified.
Are textbooks included in my enrollment fee? Answer
Yes! Your enrollment fee includes lifetime access to all of the digital textbooks you will need to complete this course.
Digital textbooks allow us to offer the most up-to-date curriculum, give you immediate access to the materials, plus offer portability across devices.
We understand that learning styles and preferences vary. If you are interested in purchasing physical textbooks in addition to the digital textbooks that are included in your course enrollment fee, you can find a complete book list within your online student learning platform.
Are There Payment Plans? Answer
Select Affirm at checkout to split your purchase into monthly payments starting at 0% APR with no hidden fees.
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.
Do I Qualify? Answer
To enroll in the Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Nutrition & Wellness Consultant” on your certificate.
Payment Plans Available Starting at 0% APR
Choose from 3, 6, or 12 months. Instant approval. Safe and secure.