6.0 CECs / Video / Handouts / Quiz
There are so many different types of diets out there, with each one promising to be better than the last. In this course, AFPA’s Nutrition Specialist, Sasha Aparicio, MS, and Curriculum Manager, Shana Walsh, PhD, NBC-HWC, MCHES cut through all that noise to help you separate the sensational from the substantial. They present the most up-to-date findings from the research to help you discern which dietary patterns are actually health-promoting and which are just trendy, lacking any real evidence of effectiveness.
- Define the terms diet and dietary pattern
- Identify situations where a person may be recommended to follow medically prescribed diet or protocol
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of diets that have high evidence, mixed evidence, or low evidence of effectiveness
- Describe the characteristics of fad diets and provide examples of multiple fad diets
- Explain the qualities of health-promoting dietary patterns
Let Customers Speak for Us
Herbal Apothecary is a superb course to learn about the many herbs. I enjoyed this course so much and recommend all take it to learn all about herbs.
This course was by far the most educational and phenomenal one I have ever taken in my six years with AFPA. This is a must have CEU!
Great course, fun and scientific way of thinking about nutrients and what to eat. I actually learned a lot! Just wish it was longer and more in-depth. The supplemental study handouts were great in-depth info!
Payment Plans Available Starting at 0% APR
Choose from 3, 6, or 12 months. Instant approval. Safe and secure.