8.0 CECs / Webinar & Narrative Review / Quiz
In the course The Science of Anti-Nutrients in Food, you will learn how all nutrients from food play a critical role in maintaining the integrity of a number of different vital bodily functions. For most people, eating a colorful, whole-foods based diet is sufficient enough to provide an adequate supply of these nutrients to both promote and optimize health. But in some cases, these very same nutrients that are usually beneficial to our body (all of which are quite common) can be detrimental.
These nutrients are called anti-nutrients. And if you are a nutrition, health, or wellness professional who regularly provides coaching, counseling, or guidance to clients who regularly consume plant-based foods and have chronic or autoimmune disease, you need to be aware of how anti-nutrients may be impacting your clients.
In The Science of Anti-Nutrients in Food, a continuing education course designed for health, wellness, and nutrition professionals, you will:
- Explore fundamental scientific evidence behind the six primary anti-nutrients: lectins, oxalates, phytates, goitrogens, phytoestrogens, and tannins.
- Learn about the most common sources of anti-nutrients and their mechanisms of action in a human diet.
- Discover cooking and preparation strategies for reducing and increasing anti-nutrient content in foods.
- Gain practical knowledge about how to help challenging clients avoid anti-nutrients.
- Understand the importance and priority of anti-nutrient avoidance or limitation in special populations and healthy people.
- Acknowledge the uncertainty of the existing body of evidence surrounding anti-nutrients.
Let Customers Speak for Us
At first, I didn't really enjoy this class very much. It seemed as though I could have received this information in 3-4 pieces of paper. The studies were quite boring; however, in the end, I learned much more than I thought I would and have been able to pass some of it on already. As I have always thought...there is no learning that's a waste of time. Everything has a purpose and necessary to move on the the next subject. Thank you for providing an excellent education.
Cheryl, we're so glad you stuck with The Science of Anti-Nutrients in Food to see experience the full benefits (:
I enjoyed the course the presenters were very thorough.
Karen we are so happy The Science of Anti-Nutrients in Food is thorough for you!
Very useful information and easy to digest. Short course that is helpful for a busy schedule!
Christina thank you so much for your kind words and let us know how we can make The Science of Anti-Nutrients in Food a 5 for you.
I enjoyed the course.I found it very updated and based in good science with good and practical recomendations.
Ernesto H Guido
Thank you Ernesto for your wonderful review of the The Science of Anti-Nutrients in Food!
Love this course. Great information. I’m planning to read the material a few times before taking the exam to get the most out of it .
Yes Laura! That is a wonderful idea to do with your The Science of Anti-Nutrients in Food!
Payment Plans Available
Choose from 3, 6, or 12 months. Instant approval. Safe and secure.