16.0 CECs / Digital Textbooks, Research Articles & Video Lectures / Quizzes
Give Kids The Knowledge and Experience to Live Healthier, More Confident Lives
Did you know? The national obesity rate among youth ages 2 to 19 is 18.5%. Not only is this rate higher than the previous generation, the data shows that in the U.S. alone, childhood obesity is estimated to cost $14 billion annually in direct health expenses.
This online Youth Fitness Specialist Certification program goes beyond exercise by providing a multidisciplinary approach to teaching health-related fitness to youth. This program will show you how to motivate, instruct, and coach kids at the elementary school level to get fit, improve their overall health, and boost their self-esteem.
What’s It Like Being a Youth Fitness Specialist?
Specializing in youth fitness doesn’t just open new doors to a niche fitness market, it gives you a rewarding opportunity to play a positive role model in the life of a child. Once you’re AFPA certified, you’ll be able to:
- Develop competitive games and fitness-driven activities based on the individual’s skill levels
- Create a safe environment for children exercising in larger groups
- Examine and apply motivational techniques to encourage children to exercise and be physically active
- Instruct proper strength and endurance training to minimize injury and increase overall performance
- Differentiate between exercises to enhance sport-specific skills and those to enhance physical wellness
- Construct proper workouts for kids based on the sports and activities they participate in or may like
- Design cardiovascular programs to improve overall health while minimizing children’s risk for obesity and cardiovascular disease
- Determine strength levels of children with safe tests for further exercise recommendations
The Youth Fitness Specialist Certification Program Includes:
- All course materials
- 2 certification textbooks
- Comprehensive manuals and additional video lessons
- Sample yearly plan and youth fitness lesson plans
- Reproducible instructional materials
- Authentic assessment instruments
- Fitness education portfolio
- Motivational strategies
What You Will Learn:
This comprehensive Youth Fitness Specialist Certification program will help you launch a rewarding career building and teaching successful fitness programs that meet the challenging health demands of growing children. There are two major components addressed in this curriculum:
The Foundations of Fitness Education Answer
Health assessment/authentic assessment
Behavioral change and motivational strategies
The spectrum of teaching style class structure
Principles of health-related physical fitness
Fitness education for children with physical disabilities
Getting parents and your community involved
How to Plan and Teach Fitness Education Answer
- Teaching health-related physical fitness concepts and strategies for instruction
- Collaborating with the classroom teacher
- Health-related physical fitness classroom activities
- Developmental exercises
- Cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular strength and muscular endurance
- Exercises to avoid
- Active games, dance and rhythmic activities
- Planning developmentally appropriate activities, and school-wide events
Becoming an AFPA Certified Youth Fitness Specialist will allow you to empower children to recognize the importance of physical activity as well as give you the knowledge to coach parents and other working professionals on creating customized fitness programs for children and teens.
130000+ students certified
29+ years of excellence in education
30+ certification programs offered
98.9% student satisfaction
“I am beyond THRILLED with my program so far. Easy to go at my own pace, easy to understand the process, and the content that I am learning is fantastic! I feel like I am truly being set up for success!”
— Tara P., Verified Buyer
Let Customers Speak for Us
The literature with the program is very knowledgeable and interesting to youth fitness. The questions and answers are emphasized in the book.
Mary, your Youth Fitness Specialist Certification review is amazing!
Love the experience. The materials are detailed, resources are available on-demand and the Q&A Sessions are very helpful. Glad to be apart of something special.
Greetings and we are so glad you find our course Youth Fitness Specialist Certification to be up to your standards!
The material has been really informative! It makes me consider things I may not have other wise. I feel I will have more confidence as a YFS through AFPA! I am excited to finish my studies and dive in to what the future has as a Youth Fitness Specialist!
Katielynne, so very pleased to hear of your successful studies so far within the Youth Fitness Specialist Certification course!!!
Very informative and thorough. Focuses on motivating children to enjoy a lifetime of physical activity and fitness
Is This Program Right For Me? Answer
The Youth Fitness Specialist Certification Program is perfect for anyone who is:
- Passionate about helping youth improve their physical, mental, social, and emotional development
- Considering a career change towards one that is more fulfilling
- Already an established health professional, such as a personal trainer, and wanting to diversify or expand their health education
Are There Payment Plans? Answer
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.
Do I Qualify? Answer
To enroll in the Youth Fitness Specialist Certification, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Youth Fitness Specialist” on your certificate.
Payment Plans Available
Choose from 3, 6, or 12 months. Instant approval. Safe and secure.