6.0 CECs / Video / Handouts / Quiz
Health coaching is both a science and an art. It requires applying evidence-based strategies in coaching conversations while balancing them with what you as a coach know your client needs in any given moment. Many health coaches have learned how to be a great coach on the job. In this course, we want to save you that trouble. You’ll hear from an experienced health coach all about the mistakes she already made so that you don’t have to make the same ones.
- Describe why coaches giving health advice may be counterproductive to the behavior change process.
- Distinguish between affirming and cheerleading statements in the coaching process and determine which is most appropriate for a health coach.
- Explain the disadvantages of engaging in small-talk with clients during a coaching conversation.
- Describe the importance of waiting until the client is ready before making any specific plans related to a behavior change.
- Explore multiple reasons why sticking to the allotted time for a coaching session is necessary for both the coach and the client.
Let Customers Speak for Us
So informative and easy to understand.
The author speaks to you in her book. Easy to understand and implement effective strategies for a "new and improved" you. I have been teaching fitness for over 40 years and (still) picked up some easy to use tools.
The class itself is great, my only wish is that they still used the actual physical book. It’s easier when taking the test!
Hi there Julio, thank you for your feedback!
We provide students with an eBook for our CEC courses, as well as the titles of all books used within the course so students who are interested in seeking out a physical copy may choose to do so.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance to you at any time, thank you so much!
Payment Plans Available Starting at 0% APR
Choose from 3, 6, or 12 months. Instant approval. Safe and secure.