Personal Trainer Certification
AFPA Personal Trainer Certification Course Includes:
- Online Testing Option – Immediate results and credential (Mail in option also available.)
- Test When You’re Ready – Complete examination anytime within 6 months from enrollment
- FREE Exercise Textbook and DVD Set - Descriptions and demonstrations of over 70 exercises
- Study at Your Own Pace - Course Study Guidelines and Completion Schedule to stay on track
- All Learning Materials - 2 Certification Course Textbooks
- Practice Quizzes - Self assessments to test progress
- Unlimited Student Support – Before, during and after enrollment
- No Added Fees - All materials and examination included
- Accreditation - Nationally accredited by Vital Research
- Weekly Newsletter - AFPA eNews with latest health and fitness trends
Personal Trainer Certification Course with Online Testing: $ 395.00
Personal Trainer Certification Course with Mail-in Testing: $445.00
How to Complete the AFPA Personal Trainer Certification Course:
- Enroll safe and securely online, mail in enrollment application or phone in order.
- Receive and review all course materials. Follow the weekly schedule.
- Complete the self-assessment quizzes; essay assignment; and final exam ONLINE or by MAIL.
- Complete Personal Trainer Certification program within 6 months.
- Complete final exam ONLINE or by MAIL at anytime prior to the 6 months.
- 85% is required to pass final exam.
- Identify the business fundamentals of administration, marketing, and management in personal training.
- Employ the communication skills needed in personal fitness instruction.
- Apply the principles of exercise science, human anatomy, and biomechanics to movement design and exercise instruction.
- Name and describe exercise testing procedures to assess cardiorespiratory function, body composition, muscular fitness, and flexibility and give suggestions for improvement in these areas.
- Design educationally- based fitness programs to include cardiovascular training, resistance training and flexibility programs.
- Demonstrate the proper usage of various commercial fitness machines and equipment utilizing appropriate exercise guidelines and spotting techniques.
- Differentiate between appropriate exercise principles and practices for adults, children and older populations
- Discuss exercise testing and training modifications for special populations.
- Operate as a personal trainer in the health and fitness industry and uphold the AFPA Code of Ethic.
Click Here to View AFPA Personal Trainer Certification Course Topics
- Health, Fitness, and Performance
- Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics
- Exercise Physiology
- EnergyCosts of Physical Activity
- Assessment of Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- Assessment of Body Composition
- Assessment of Muscular Fitness
- Assessment of Flexibility and Low Back Function
- Exercise Prescription for Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- Exercise Prescription for Weight Management
- Exercise Prescription for Muscular Fitness
- Exercise Prescription for Flexibility and Low Back Function
- Exercise and Children and Youth
- Exercise and Older Adults
- Exercise and Women’s Health
- Exercise and Heart Disease
- Exercise and Obesity
- Exercise and Diabetes
- Exercise and Pulmonary Disease
- Exercise Programming for Health and Fitness
- Behavior Change
- Mindful Exercise for Fitness Professionals
- Exercise Related to ECG and Medications
- Injury Prevention and Treatment
- Anatomical Design and Function
- Effective Exercise Selection
- Optimal Exercise Technique
- Core and Trunk Exercises
- Compound Lower Body Exercises
- Isolated Lower Body Exercises
- Upper Body Pushing Exercises
- Upper Body Pulling Exercises
- Program Planning
- Training techniques for strength, definition, and muscle size
- Functional training exercises using the stability ball, medicine balls, tubing and more
- Included are programs for base strength, full-body fitness, and advanced split routines that show you how to combine the exercises into progressive strength programs. By varying intensity, volume, recovery, and exercise sequencing, you can design customized programs for reaching both immediate and long-term training goals.
Click Here to View Re-testing Information
- 18 years of age
- Functional knowledge of English and arithmetic
- CPR is not required to take the examination but will be required by employer, and to obtain liability insurance