Cycle Instructor Certification
The AFPA Cycle Instructor Certification course is designed for the instructor who wants to expand their teaching capabilities to indoor cycling. This program utilizes various cycling programs’ strengths to create a well- rounded cycle instructor who can instruct on any indoor cycle.
Topics include safe and effective cycle class design, cycling techniques for endurance, speed and strength, choreography and example workouts, studio setup & design, and much more!Cycle Instructor Certification Course Objectives:
- Identify and explain proper bike setup, riding alignment, and safety considerations.
- Explain and practice warm ups for stationary indoor cycling.
- Distinguish basic indoor cycling class techniques and music.
- Construct and employ different indoor cycle classes.
- Apply cueing and coaching techniques on and off the bike.
- Prepare and demonstrate an example of an indoor cycling class.
- Identify various cycle related injuries and describe how to avoid them.
- Discuss diet and nutrition requirements for optimal performance.
Cycle Instructor Certification Course Topics include the following:
- Hand and Body Positions
- Warm-Up and Cool-Down
- Mental Preparation
- Basic fundamentals and techniques
- Basic Drills
- Intensity Training
- Building stamina by training for longer periods
- Interval Training & recovery phases
- Racing Techniques
- Rhythmic Drills
- Cycle Training Workouts
- Cycle Training and Muscle Conditioning
- Taking It to the Road
- Home Training
- Diet and Nutrition
- Nutrition Tips for Cyclists
- Optimal Training Techniques
- General Prevention and Treatment of Injuries
- Classification of Bicycling Medical Problems
- General Health Exercise Prescription
- Over Training and Burnout
- Bicycling for Kids, Juniors and Seniors
Minimum Prerequisites for Cycle Instructor Certification Course:
- 18 years of age; High School Diploma or equivalent
- Functional knowledge of english and arithmetic
- CPR not required to take examination but may be required by employer or to obtain liability insurance
Cycle Instructor Certification Course Includes:
- No travel is necessary.
- All materials & examination are sent to you at the same time - 2 Instructional Textbooks, Log Book, 4 Instructional DVD’s.
- Study Suggestions.
- There are no extra or added fees for course materials and examination.
- Upon successful completion and passage your certificate will read “Certified Cycle Instructor”.
- Toll-Free technical support during and after examination, or email AFPA any time.
- Obtaining the AFPA Cycle Instructor Certification qualifies you for Professional Liability Insurance.
- Free monthly email newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings.
- Continuing Education opportunities with courses and AFPA Fitness Education Conferences.
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field.
- Enroll in the certification course via online, email or mail.
- Receive and review all your materials.
- Complete and submit by email any assignments and the final certification exam.
- You have up to 6 months to complete your certification course.
- This is a self paced, self study program therefore you may complete your course anytime prior to the 6 month goal date.
- If you require more time that option is available as well.
- 85% is required to pass your certification exam.
- You must receive a passing grade of 85% or better to receive certification.
- Students that do not achieve this score are able to retake the final exam one time, within 3 months, at no added fee.
- Additional attempts are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
- You may place your order online anytime with VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover. AFPA has a secure online system 24 hours a day. You will receive confirm via email once your order has been received. Your order is processed for shipping within 24 business hours.
- You may place your order by phone with a major credit card by calling 1.800.494.7782, M-F 9:00am-5:00pm EST.
- You may mail check or money order, along with completed Order Application to AFPA.
- Standard shipping is USPS Priority Mail. Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
- Optional Shipping is 2 Day FED EX or Next Day FED EX for an additional fee.
- All international orders are shipped Economy Fed EX to insure delivery.
- Select your shipping option upon check out.
- Orders are processed immediately and shipped w/in 24 business hours.
Cycle Instructor Certification Course: $420.00