The AFPA Pre Post Exercise Specialist Certification program will provide exercise programs that are safe and effective for those who will be instructing and training the prenatal or postnatal client in a group setting or one on one in the gym or home setting.
This program will provide trainers & fitness specialists with advanced skills and knowledge specific to pre and post natal exercise prescription. Some of the benefits of exercise for pre post natal clients are more energy during pregnancy, reduced stress and anxiety, quicker recovery from birth, fewer complications in pregnancy, shorter labor time & increased self esteem!
Topics include prenatal and postnatal physiology adaptations, musculoskeletal & metabolic adaptations, maternal responses to acute exercise, fetal responses to acute exercise, aerobic and resistance-training effects in labor and delivery, exercise guidelines for pre/post partum, nutrient requirements throughout pregnancy.
Pre Post Natal Exercise Consultant Certification Topics Include, but not limited to:
- Prenatal Physiological Adaptations
- Musculoskeletal & Metabolic Adaptations
- Maternal Responses to Acute Exercise
- Fetal Responses to Acute Exercise
- Aerobic & Resistance Training Effects In Labor & Delivery
- Exercise Guidelines: Pregnancy & Postpartum
- Nutrient Requirements in Pregnancy
- Exercise Programs for all 3 trimesters
- Post Natal Exercise Programming
- Post Menopause & Exercise
- Yoga Exercises for each trimester are included
- Exercise, Drugs, Medication
- Emergency Procedures/Fitness Assessment
- Legal Procedures & Safety Programming
Pre Post Natal Exercise Consultant Certification Includes:
- No travel is necessary.
- All materials & examination are sent to you at the same time
- 3 Instructional Certification Textbooks, 4 Instructional DVD's, certification exam.
- Study Suggestions.
- There are no extra or added fees for course materials and examination.
- Upon successful completion and passage your certificate will read "Certified Pre Post Natal Exercise Consultant". AFPA does not distinguish between "home study" versus "in person" certificates as both programs are equally evaluated.
- AFPA Membership packet with wallet size laminated member ID card.
- Toll-Free technical support during and after examination, or email AFPA any time.
- Access to the Members Only section on the web with job listings and career enhancement tools
- Updates on new and exciting programs to advance your career.
- Free monthly email newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings.
- Continuing Education opportunities with courses and AFPA Fitness Education Conferences.
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand you're your career options in the fitness field.
- 18 years of age; High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic familiarity of the human anatomy and physiology.
- A valid Personal Trainer or Group Fitness Certification is recommended.
- CPR not required to take examination but may be required by employer or to obtain liability insurance.
As an AFPA Certified Pre-Post Natal Exercise Consultant working for yourself:
- You keep the money you earn.
- You receive many tax advantages.
- You create your own work schedule.
- You have a specialty area of expertise.
- Your average hourly income can range from $40-$125 per hour.
- You make all the business decisions.
- You can work from home, in a client's home, or at a facility.
- Some AFPA certified trainers have created their own home gym and earn over $1,000 per week, working their own schedule with no travel time and expense.
As an AFPA Certified Pre-Post Natal Exercise Consultant working in a club:
- You may receive a free membership to the facility.
- You may receive employee benefits.
- Management personal with assign you clients.
- You may be encouraged to sell club memberships and receive additional commissions.
- You may be required to give a percentage of your money to the club, or pay a rental fee.
- The facility will have extensive equipment that you can train your clients with to help them obtain their goals.
Requirements for AFPA Pre-Post Natal Exercise Consultant Certification:
- Complete the online order information, mail in application or phone in your order.
- Receive and review all your materials.
- Complete the written certification exam. Written exam includes short answer open ended questions and case studies.
- Complete the practical demonstration. The practical demonstration may be accomplished through photographs, DVD, CD or informal VHS presentation. Detailed instructions will be included with your certification program.
- 90% is required to pass your certification exam. AFPA holds the highest level of standards.
- If you do not pass your certification examination you may retake the exam one time at no added cost.