If you are an AFPA Certified Personal Trainer or a student or trainer with another organization, ISSA, ACE, NASM, NETA, we'll honor your education and certification by waiving the tuition fees associated with the personal training certification for our Master Personal Trainer Certification program.
Contact us for details or to order call 1.800.494.7782.
The AFPA Master Personal Trainer Certification and designation is one of the most advanced level of certification AFPA offers. To earn this certification you are required to complete the AFPA Personal Trainer Certification, the AFPA Advanced Personal Trainer Certification, the AFPA Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification, the AFPA Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification and 5 case study projects for the final AFPA Personal Trainer Master Level Certification.
By completing and obtaining the requirements for the AFPA Personal Trainer Master Level Certification you will set yourself apart from others by means of the your personal level of educational development, expertise, professionalism and commitment to the health and fitness industry.
When you complete the AFPA Personal Trainer Master Level Certification program you will earn a total of five (5) certifications: Personal Trainer Certification, Advanced Personal Trainer Certification, Nutrition & Wellness Consultant, Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification and the AFPA Personal Trainer Master Level Certification.
Certification Minimum Prerequisites:
- 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of anatomy and resistance/cardiovascular training.
- Basic familiarity with resistance training equipment.
- CPR is not required to take the examination but may be required by employer, or to obtain liability insurance.
AFPA Personal Trainer Master Level Distance Learning/Home Study Certification Includes:
- No travel is necessary.
- All materials & examinations are sent to you at the same time. There are no extra or added fees for course materials and examination.
- Study Suggestions.
- Upon successful completion and passage each certification program you will be issued the corresponding certification. AFPA does not distinguish between "home study" versus "in person" certificates as both programs are equally evaluated.
- AFPA Membership packet with wallet size laminated member ID card for each certification.
- Toll-Free technical support during and after examination, or email AFPA any time.
- Access to the Members Only section on the web with job listings and career enhancement tools.
- Obtaining the AFPA Personal Trainer Master Level Certification qualifies you for Professional Liability Insurance.
- Updates on new and exciting programs to advance your career.
- Free monthly email newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings.
- Continuing Education opportunities with courses and AFPA Fitness Education Conferences.
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand you're your career options in the fitness field.
AFPA Personal Trainer Master Level Certification Topics Include, but not limited to:
- Starting, Maintaining, and Growing a Successful Personal Training Business
- Foundations Behind Program Design That Works
- Practical Fitness Testing and Assessment.
- Achieving Goal- and People-Oriented Programming
- Science Behind Accurate Exercise Programs
- Program Design: Application That Bridges Theory to Practice
- Gauging Exercise Intensity
- Cardiorespiratory Conditioning Programming
- Resistance Training Programming: A Balanced Approach
- Flexibility Training: Effective Program Design
- Fueling Your Clients: Before, During, and After Workouts
- Guiding Clients Toward Healthy Eating Habits
- Managing Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, High Blood Pressure, and Heart Disease
- Training the Cardiac Patient
- Diabetes Mellitus: Types 1 and 2
- Asthma and Your Client
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid
- Working With Older Adults
- Training the Pregnant Client: A Special Healthy Population
- Anatomical Design and Function
- Effective Exercise Selection
- Optimal Exercise Technique
- Core and Trunk Exercises
- Compound Lower Body Exercises
- Isolated Lower Body Exercises
- Upper Body Pushing Exercises
- Upper Body Pulling Exercises
- Program Planning
- Training techniques for strength, definition, and muscle size
- Functional training exercises using the stability ball, medicine balls, tubing and more
- Included are three programs for base strength, full-body fitness, and advanced split routines that show you how to combine the exercises into progressive strength programs. By varying intensity, volume, recovery, and exercise sequencing, you can design customized programs for reaching both immediate and long-term training goals.
- Learn how to test and build up the nine essential fitness components including power, strength, speed, quickness, coordination, agility, flexibility, local muscular endurance, and cardiovascular aerobic capacity and endurance.
- Discover the assessment tests to help find the imbalances in movement patterns. Sample corrective exercises are demonstrated to improve mobility and stability, and ways to integrate these exercises into a regular training program.
- Learn how to expose and overcome weaknesses to form a foundation for long-term training gains.
- Identify functional weaknesses and correct imbalances.
- Learn how to refine specific movement skills such as jumping, kicking, cutting, and turning.
- Tailor the training exercises and drills to the development of sport-specific performance factors.
- Periodize training programs precisely for peak performance at critical points in the competitive season, and if necessary, use a safe and effective reconditioning regimen to bring a clients athlete back from injury.
- Periodizing Training for Peak Performance
- Designing Periodized Workouts and Training Programs
- Goal Setting
- Off-season Programs
- In-Season and Multi-sport Programs
- Restoring Performance After Injury
- Future Developments in Sports Conditioning
- Mobility and Stability Testing
- Balance & Core Training
- Strength and Endurance Testing
- Movement Imbalance Training
- Strength and Endurance Exercises
- Power, Speed, and Agility Testing
- Speed and Quickness Training
- Power, Speed, and Agility Drills
- Baseline Fitness Testing for Sports
- Developing a Sports Performance Training Program
- Incorporating Sport-Specific Skills Into Training
- Creating Conditioning Drills & Designing Periodized Workouts and Training Programs for: Tennis Track/Cross Country Hockey Basketball Baseball/Softball Football Golf Soccer Volleyball & More!
Requirements for the AFPA Personal Trainer Master Level Certification:
- Complete the online order information, mail in application or phone in your order.
- Receive and review all your materials.
- Complete the written certification exam. Written exam includes 250 multiple choice questions and a choice of 5 case studies.
- Complete the visual demonstration of the list of exercises included with your materials. The requested exercises for demonstration have been presented in the instructional DVD’s.
- The visual demonstration may be accomplished through photographs, DVD, CD or informal VHS presentation. Detailed instructions will be included with your certification program.
- 90% is required to pass your certification exam. AFPA holds the highest level of standards.
- If you do not pass your certification examination you may retake the exam one time at no added cost.
Approximate Completion Time:
- You will have 2 years to complete the AFPA Personal Trainer Master Level Program. This is a self-paced, self-study certification program, however we provide you with a suggested due date to have each individual certification program completed by (a 6 month time period for each). Most individuals have no problem completing the certification programs within the suggested time period when they spend a minimum of 5-10 hours a week to complete the certification program.
- You may submit each certification exam and practical requirement one at time as you complete them, or you may send them in all at one time.
- Completion time varies for each individual based upon their level of experience, educational background and how much time they devote to the Personal Trainer Master Level Certification course.
- Submit your examination for grading once you have completed the Personal Trainer Master Level Certification course.
- Please allow up to 4 weeks for grading and to receive your certificate. A request for Rapid Results is optional and available for an additional fee of $50.00. Results via email andor fax within 48 hours, followed by your mailed certificate and membership information within one week of receipt of your exam.
- You must receive a passing grade of 90% or better to receive certification.
- If you do not meet this minimum requirement you will be mailed your exam with the questions you missed indicated in red.
- You will be given the opportunity to correct your answers one time, within a 45 day time period, at no additional fee. If you fail a 2nd time there is a $25.00 re-testing fee.
- You will not be issued your certificate until you have fully met this requirement.
Maintain your AFPA Personal Trainer Master Level Certification:
- Certification is valid for two year, during which time 16 continuing educational credits are required to renew your AFPA Personal Trainer Master Level Certificate.
How to Order, Shipping & Handling:
- You may place your order online with the AFPA anytime with VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover. AFPA has a secure online system 24 hours a day. You will receive confirm via email once your order has been received. Your order is processed for shipping within 24 hours.
- You may place your with a major credit card by calling 1.800.494.7782, M-F 9:00am-5:00pm EST.
- Mail a check or money order, along with completed Order Application to AFPA.
- Standard shipping is USPS Priority Mail. Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
- Optional Shipping is Two Day FED EX or Next Day FED EX for an additional fee.
- All international orders are shipped Economy Fed EX.
- Select your shipping option at upon check out.