Pre/Post Natal Exercise Specialist Certification Course
I thought I would share some great news with your company. I have recently been named as the Pre/Postnatal Expert for Gold's Gym International, Fitness Institute. And I wanted to thank you, because my certification came from your company, as well as most of my information! Thank you for helping me reach one of my biggest goals yet! Many thanks!
The AFPA Pre Post Exercise Specialist Certification course will provide exercise programs that are safe and effective for those who will be instructing and training the prenatal or postnatal client in a group setting or one on one in the gym or home setting.
This program will provide trainers & fitness specialists with advanced skills and knowledge specific to pre and post natal exercise prescription. Some of the benefits of exercise for pre post natal clients are more energy during pregnancy, reduced stress and anxiety, quicker recovery from birth, fewer complications in pregnancy, shorter labor time & increased self esteem!
I enjoyed the certification process. The written exam provided necessary study points and material and was very thorough. The DVD's plus learning kit gave the required practical practice. S.Rahav
Topics include prenatal and postnatal physiology adaptations, musculoskeletal & metabolic adaptations, maternal responses to acute exercise, fetal responses to acute exercise, aerobic and resistance-training effects in labor and delivery, exercise guidelines for pre/post partum, nutrient requirements throughout pregnancy.
AFPA Pre/Post Natal Exercise Specialist Certification Course Objectives:
- Describe principles of basic exercise physiology and kinesiology as it relates to pregnancy.
- Explain the maternal adaptations to exercise that occur during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Name the ACOG guidelines safely guidelines for exercise during and after pregnancy.
- Summarize the benefits of maternal exercise for both the mother and the fetus.
- Specify evidence based exercises and fitness goals that are important to include in exercise programs for women who are prenatal, pregnant, or postpartum.
- Recognize the symptoms of over-training in both the mother and the fetus.
- Explain common discomforts of pregnancy and recommend exercises for relief of symptoms.
- Recommend and demonstrate exercises for relieving discomfort for the pregnant participant.
- Select and integrate mind body exercises, effective breathing and relaxation techniques into an exercise program for pregnant women.
- Illustrate a sound curriculum for teaching a maternity health & fitness program to women in all stages of pregnancy and postpartum.
- Integrate a variety of small exercise apparatus into group and one-on-one sessions.
- Design appropriate exercises for prenatal, pregnant and post partum clients in the personal training setting.
- Discuss the changing nutritional needs for women prenatal and in each stage of pregnancy.
Pre Post Natal Exercise Specialist Certification Course Topics Include, but not limited to:
- Prenatal Physiological Adaptations
- Musculoskeletal & Metabolic Adaptations
- Maternal Responses to Acute Exercise
- Fetal Responses to Acute Exercise
- Aerobic & Resistance Training Effects In Labor & Delivery
- Exercise Guidelines: Pregnancy & Postpartum
- Nutrient Requirements in Pregnancy
- Exercise Programs for all 3 trimesters
- Post Natal Exercise Programming
- Post Menopause & Exercise
- Yoga Exercises for each trimester are included
- Exercise, Drugs, Medication
- Emergency Procedures/Fitness Assessment
- Legal Procedures & Safety Programming
Pre Post Natal Exercise Specialist Certification Course Includes:
- No travel is necessary.
- All materials & examination are sent to you at the same time
- 3 Instructional Certification Textbooks, 4 Instructional DVD's, certification exam.
- Study Suggestions.
- There are no extra or added fees for course materials and examination.
- Upon successful completion and passage your certificate will read "Certified Pre Post Natal Exercise Specialist".
- AFPA Membership packet with wallet size laminated member ID card.
- Toll-Free technical support during and after examination, or email AFPA any time.
- Access to the Members Only section on the web with job listings and career enhancement tools
- Updates on new and exciting programs to advance your career.
- Free monthly email newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings.
- Continuing Education opportunities with courses and AFPA Fitness Education Conferences.
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field.
- 18 years of age
- Functional working knowledge of English and arithmetic
- Personal Trainer Certification or Group Fitness Certification is suggested.
Requirements for AFPA Pre-Post Natal Exercise Specialist Certification Course:
- Complete the enrollment process; enroll online, by mail or phone.
- Complete the final examination. Final exam includes 70 short answer questions and 1 case study.
- You have up to 6 months to complete your Pre/Post Natal Exercise Specialist Certification program.
- You may submit your exam once completed anytime prior to the 6 months.
- 90% is required to pass your certification exam.
- You must receive a passing grade of 90% or better to receive certification.
- If you do not meet this minimum requirement you will be mailed/or emailed your results.
- You will be the opportunity to correct your answers within a 90 day time period.
- Students that do not achieve this score are able to retake a final exam within 3 months at no added fee.
- Additional attempts are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
How to Order, Shipping & Handling:
- You may place your order online anytime with VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover.
- AFPA has a secure online system 24 hours a day.
- You will receive confirm via email once your order has been received.
- Your order is processed for shipping within 24 business hours.
- You may place your order by phone with a major credit card by calling 1.800.494.7782, M-F 9:00am-5:00pm EST.
- You may mail check or money order, along with completed Enrollment Application to AFPA.
- Standard shipping is USPS Priority Mail. Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
- Optional Shipping is 2 Day FED EX or Next Day FED EX for an additional fee.
- All international orders are shipped Economy Fed EX to insure delivery.
- Select your shipping option upon check out.
- Orders are processed immediately and shipped w/in 24 business hours.
The AFPA Pre/Post Natal Exercise Consultant Certification program will provide exercise programs that are safe and effective for those who will be...
Purchase both the Group Fitness Instructor Certification Program & Pre/Post Natal Exercise Specialist Certification Program and SAVE! Become a...
Purchase both the Personal Trainer Certification Program & Pre/Post Natal Exercise Specialist Certification Program and SAVE! Become a Certified...
Purchase both the Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification Program and the Pre-Post Natal Exercise Specialist Certification Program and SAVE!...
Two individuals will save by participating in the "Shared Program Plan". The program works best for those living in the same household. You will...
Shared Progam Plan for Two
Shared Progam Plan for Two
Shared Progam Plan for Two
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification
and Weight Management Consultant Certification