Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification Course
The AFPA Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification course is perfect for personal trainers, strength trainers, group fitness instructors, athletes of all levels and all associated health practitioners & enthusiasts!
The optimum way for you or your clients to get the most out of their workouts and feel their best is to develop an energizing, performance-enhancing nutrition plan, tailored to their body's specific needs. Do that, and their on track to achieve the higher level of fitness and better overall health that they crave and you receive the recognition of being a superb training. Learn how to enhance your client's workouts and maximize their results with proper nutrition, safe and effective sports supplements, and beneficial vitamins and minerals!
I found this course very well organized and extremely informative. I have studied nutrition for several years but still found each lesson filled with information. David McKibbin
The AFPA Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification program helps students and practitioners obtain the knowledge they need to give sound advice to athletes and active individuals, gain a solid understanding of the principles of nutrition as they relate specifically to sport and learn how to distinguish between fact and fallacy in the confusing world of sport nutrition and supplements.
The role of an AFPA Certified Sports Nutrition Consultant:
- Assists clients in healthy eating habits and meeting their athletic and sports performance goals.
- A Certified Sports Nutrition Consultant offers a sound performance nutritional plan.
- A Certified Sports Nutrition Consultant should advise and present a balanced nutritional strategy that leads to optimal performance.
- A Certified Sports Nutrition Consultant is effective in discussing pros and cons of supplementation and optimal performance meal plans.
- A Certified Sports Nutrition & Wellness Consultant offers nutritional plans for specific athletic or sports events and training.
Working as an AFPA Certified Sports Nutrition Consultant:
- Create your own consulting business and keep the money you earn.
- Create an Online Web Based Consulting business.
- You receive many tax advantages.
- You create your own work schedule.
- You make all the business decisions.
- You can work from home, in a client's home, or at a facility.
- Combine your Personal Training business with your Sports Nutrition Consulting business for greater financial rewards.
- Work within a fitness facility, hospital wellness center or alongside high school and collegiate athletes. You may receive employee benefits.
Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Identify the effects of eating disorders on sports performance, including bulimia and anexoria.
- Examine the general principals of nutrition, including the importance of fat in the diet.
- Assist athlete’s in understanding the importance of meal timing for optimal performance results.
- Administer a safe, effective and reasonable weight loss program for athletes who cut weight-wrestlers, gymnasts, weight lifters, bodybuilders.
- Examine the psychological link that exists between individuals and eating disorders.
- Describe the recommendations for micronutrient intake in athletes based on the current research.
- Differentiate between a health carbohydrate and unhealthy carbohydrate.
- Construct an eating plan to assist a client to lose body fat, while minimizing the loss of lean body mass.
- Interpret the relationship between nutrition and immune function in athletes.
- Design consent, disclaimer and disclosure statements between clients and consultant.
Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification Topics Include, but not limited to:
- Nutrient intake and how foods are digested and metabolized in order to provide the necessary energy to fuel muscular activity.
- Dietary patterns that maximize performance and prevent disease for improved health.
- Research advancements in ergogenic aids.
- Supplementation and the pros and cons of popular diet techniques.
- Sample eating plans that show you how to fuel for specific workouts.
- Eating well before games or tournaments and refueling afterward for optimal recovery.
- Decipher current food, diet, and supplement options and understand which are best and why.
- How to overcome food and weight obsessions.
- How to lose undesired body fat while maintaining energy for exercise.
- Strategies to boost energy, reduce stress, control weight, improve health & enhance workouts!
- Introduction to Nutrition for Exercise and Health
- Carbohydrates As a Fuel for Exercise
- Fat As Fuel for Exercise
- Protein and Exercise
- Energy and Nutrient Balance
- Achieving Healthy Body Weight
- Body Composition
- Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
- B-Complex Vitamins Important in Energy Metabolism
- Antioxidant Nutrients
- Minerals and Exercise
- Micronutrients Important in Blood Formation
- Nutrients for Bone Health
- Nutrition and Fitness Assessment
- Nutrition and the Active Female
- Ergogenic Substances: Evaluating Sport Nutrition Products
- Effective Counseling Relationship
- Nutrition Counseling Skills
- The Counseling Interview
- Goal Setting
- Design a Plan of Action
- Dietary Assessment
- Energy Determinations, Physical Assessment, Documentation/Charting
- Strategies to Promote Change
- Making Behavior Change Last
- Role of A Nutrition Counselor in Physical Activity Counseling
- Ending the Counseling Relationship
- Professionalism in the Helping Relationship
- Group Counseling
- Lifestyle Management Forms
- Worksheets & Questionnaires to Document & Assess Counseling Sessions
- Forms and Checklists for Easy Duplication
- 18 years of age
- AFPA Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification, or similar thereof.
- Desire to help others in obtaining their nutritional and sports performance goals.
Certified Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification Program Includes:
- No travel is necessary.
- All materials & examination are sent to you at the same time.
- 2 Certification & Consulting textbooks, 1 Instructional DVD, certification exam.
- Study Suggestions, Self test quizzes.
- There are no extra or added fees for course materials and examination.
- Upon successful completion and passage your certificate will read "Certified Sports Nutrition Consultant".
- AFPA Membership packet with wallet size laminated member ID card.
- Toll-Free technical support during and after examination, or email AFPA any time.
- Access to the Members Only section on the web with job listings and career enhancement tools
- Updates on new and exciting programs to advance your career.
- Free monthly email newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings.
- Continuing Education opportunities with courses and AFPA Fitness Education Conferences.
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field.
Requirements for Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification Course:
- Complete the online order information, mail in application or phone in your order.
- Receive and review all your materials.
- Complete the final certification exam of 75 short answer questions and case study.
- You have up to 6 months to complete your Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification program.
- You may submit your exam once completed anytime prior to the 6 months. You may request additional time if needed.
- 90% is required to pass your certification exam.
- You must receive a passing grade of 90% or better to receive certification.
- If you do not meet this minimum requirement you will be mailed/or emailed your results.
- You will be the opportunity to correct your answers within a 90 day time period.
- Students that do not achieve this score are able to retake a final exam within 3 months at no added fee.
- Additional attempts are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
How to Order, Shipping & Handling:
- You may place your order online anytime with VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover.
- AFPA has a secure online system 24 hours a day.
- You will receive confirm via email once your order has been received.
- Your order is processed for shipping within 24 business hours.
- You may place your order by phone with a major credit card by calling 1.800.494.7782, M-F 9:00am-5:00pm EST.
- You may mail check or money order, along with completed Enrollment Application to AFPA.
- Standard shipping is USPS Priority Mail. Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
- Optional Shipping is 2 Day FED EX or Next Day FED EX for an additional fee.
- All international orders are shipped Economy Fed EX to insure delivery.
- Select your shipping option upon check out.
- Orders are processed immediately and shipped w/in 24 business hours.
The AFPA Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification program is perfect for personal trainers, strength trainers, group fitness instructors, athletes...
Purchase both the Personal Trainer Certification Program and the Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification Program and SAVE! By providing your...
Purchase both the Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification Program and the Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification Program and SAVE! Increase...
Purchase both the Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification Program and Strength Trainer Certification Program and SAVE! Increase your revenues...
Purchase both the Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification Program & Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification Program and SAVE! Increase...
Two individuals will save by participating in the "Shared Program Plan". The program works best for those living in the same household. You will...
Save by participating in the Shared Program Plan. You will receive one set of materials and two examinations sent to one location. Each applicant is...
Shared Program for Two
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification
and Weight Management Consultant Certification