Pilates Fitness Instructor Certification Course - Level II (Props)
The AFPA Pilates Fitness Instructor – Level II (Props) Certification course is designed for instructors who have previous experience with classical Pilates Mat exercises. It is strongly recommended that participants have prior knowledge of anatomy, experience in teaching a related form of movement and/or exercise, as well as have completed the AFPA Pilates Fitness Instructor – Level I (Mat) Certification course, or similar thereof.
Students will learn how to teach the full progression from Beginner to Super Advanced Classical Mat Pilates exercises, inaddition to learning how to incorporate various apparatus. Instructors who pass this course are fully prepared and certified to teach the most popular and effective group and private Pilates training in the world to various populations and those with stability & balance limitations!
In addition, you will be instructed on how to make your Pilates mat class more interesting and enjoyable by introducing accessories that expand your Pilates mat exercises. You will learn the unique characteristics of a variety of props: the Pilates circle, the foam roller, and the elastic exercise band. Learn step by step through photo sequences of specially designed exercises as well as variations on traditional Pilates movements.
If you are considering operating your own Pilates business, you will be introduced to a hands-on approach that tackles issues such as how to make your teaching healthier and more ergonomic for you, how to handle different types of clients, how to juggle the demands of being healer/helper/cashier, and much more. It is packed with information, humor and advice from top studio owners and educators who share their life philosophies and approaches to Pilates.
You will start with the foundation for all the Pilates exercises, then progress to an in-depth treatment of mat work thru challenging exercise sequences. Following mat work, in depth instruction and photo illustrations are applied to the full range of Pilates apparatus: Reformer, Cadillac, Step and ladder barrels, Magic circle, Wunda chair, Ped-a-pul, Arm chair. Teachings regarding the larger Pilates apparatus are so that instructors can become aware of the exercises, form and technique, but not to be tested on this equipment.
Career Options for AFPA Certified Pilates Fitness Instructors:
- Teach Pilates style classes at your local health facility or community center
- Teach at private Pilates Studios, wellness centers or hotel facilities
- Teach stress reduction and wellness programs in public and private venues
- Work as a consultant with other health care practitioners and wellness educators
- Open your own private Pilates instruction/wellness center
- Teach Pilates and present workshops at universities, community colleges and other schools
- Create your own Pilates and Wellness business as a consultant or entrepreneur (some recent graduates have utilized their training to open their own original businesses, see above testimonial).
Pilates Fitness Instructor Level II Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Describe the mind and body connection as it relates to Pilates.
- Demonstrate proper alignment, posture and movement.
- Develop a powerful Pilates practice.
- Explain the eight principles of Pilates, and then implement each into your class.
- Construct effective Pilates routines using the CoreReformer, Pilates Band and Pilates Ring.
- Identify the physiological effects on the human body using the Wunda Chair, barrels, Ped-a-Pul, arm chair and magic circle.
- Describe and compare the general movement anatomical vocabulary for yourself and your students.
- Design an exercise program to increase core strength and reduce low back tightness.
- Administer a safe and effective Pilates program for all ages and levels of fitness and movement proficiency.
Topics Covered in the Pilates Fitness Instructor Certification - Level II (Props) Course:
- Mind and Body Enhancement
- Posture, Alignment, and Movement
- Powerful Pilates Practice
- Classical Joseph Pilates’ method for: basic, intermediate, advanced & super advanced workouts Universal Reformer
- Advanced Universal Reformer series of exercises on the Mat
- Small Apparatus Usage:
Pilates Body Ring: Effective, efficient moves for core muscles and lower body
Elastic Body Band: Intermediate-to-advanced level movements
Pilates CoreReformer: Movement sequences for optimal alignment for balance & stability
- Wunda Chair
- Arm Chair
- Fundamental Sequences
- Intermediate Sequences
- Advanced Sequences
- Classical Pilates modified mat levels to help facilitate safety and stability of the neck and back
- Special focus on classical Pilates for children and teens:
Safe and effective Pilates exercises for children ages 5-12, and 13-17, which help improve Personal Body Image, Mental Concentration, Injury Prevention, Strength & Flexibility, Weight Management, Self-Esteem & Confidence, Coordination & Balance.
What is included with the Pilates Fitness Instructor Certification - Mat Level II Course:
- No travel is necessary. Complete your certification program in the convenience of your home.
- All materials & examination are sent to you at the same time
- 1 Pilates Instructional Textbook, 1 Pilates Workbook, 7 Instructional DVD's, Pilates BodyRing, Pilates BodyBand, Pilates CoreReformer and Pilates Fitness Instructor - Level II (Props) certification examination.
- Study suggestions, study questions and practice sessions.
- There are no extra or added fees for course materials and examination.
- Upon successful completion and passage your certificate will read "Certified Pilates Fitness Instructor Certification - Level II".
- AFPA Membership packet with wallet size laminated member ID card.
- Toll-Free technical support during and after examination, or email AFPA any time.
- Access to the Members Only section on the web with job listings and career enhancement tools.
- Updates on new and exciting programs to advance your career.
- AFPA weekly email newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings.
- Continuing Education opportunities with courses and AFPA Fitness Education Conferences.
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field.
Minimum Prerequisites for the AFPA Pilates Fitness Instructor Certification - Level II Course:
- 18 years of age
- Functional knowledge of English and arithmetic
- AFPA Pilates Fitness Instructor Certification – Level I, or similar thereof
- Teaching experience is recommended
Requirements for AFPA Pilates Fitness Instructor Certification - Level II Course:
- Complete the online order information, mail in application or phone in your order.
- Receive and review all your materials.
- Complete the AFPA Pilates Fitness Certification - Level II (Props) final exam.
- The final exam includes short answer, identification and case evaluation questions, and at home practice sessions.
- Complete the Class Participation Log Sheet - you are required to participate in 20 Pilates style classes in/around your geographical locations. If you are an instructor and have been teaching for 2 years or more you may documents 20 classes that you teach yourself.
- Complete the practical demonstration of a conditioning program of your choice.
- The practical demonstration may be accomplished through photographs, DVD, CD or UTube presentation. Detailed instructions will be included with your certification program.
- You have up to 6 months to complete your Pilates Fitness Instructor - Level II (Props) Certification course.
- You may submit your final exam once completed anytime prior to the 6 months.
- 90% is required to pass your certification exam.
- You must receive a passing grade of 90% or better on your final exam to receive certification.
- If you do not meet this minimum requirement you will be mailed/or emailed your results.
- You will be the opportunity to correct your answers within a 90 day time period.
- Students that do not achieve this score are able to retake a final exam within 3 months at no added fee.
- Additional attempts are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
How to Order, Shipping & Handling:
- You may place your order online anytime with VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover.
- AFPA has a secure online system 24 hours a day.
- You will receive confirm via email once your order has been received.
- Your order is processed for shipping within 24 business hours.
- You may place your order by phone with a major credit card by calling 1.800.494.7782, M-F 9:00am-5:00pm EST.
- You may mail check or money order, along with completed Enrollment Application to AFPA.
- Standard shipping is USPS Priority Mail. Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
- Optional Shipping is 2 Day FED EX or Next Day FED EX for an additional fee.
- All international orders are shipped Economy Fed EX to insure delivery.
- Select your shipping option upon check out.
- Orders are processed immediately and shipped w/in 24 business hours.
The AFPA Pilates Fitness Instructor Certification - Level II (Props) Program is designed for instructors who have previous experience with...
Purchase both the Pilates Fitness Instructor Certification - Level I and Level II and SAVE! Includes course materials and certification examinations...
Purchase both the Group Fitness Instructor Certification and Pilates Fitness Instructor Level II and SAVE! Includes course materials and...
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification
and Weight Management Consultant Certification