Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Course
AFPA provides the most comprehensive and authoritative resources for you as an Advanced Personal Trainer, whether you are working in a health/fitness club currently as a Personal Trainer or if you are working with athletes at the high school or collegiate level. The AFPA Advanced Personal Trainer Certification program is full of valuable information about in depth testing protocols, assessment techniques for muscular imbalances and advanced programs for healthy clients, athletes and sporting activities.
Because I'm now studying something that's interesting & fun for me, it's easy to absorb the material…like that I can go at my own pace…able to spend more time on things that I don't understand right away…less time on things I find easy…. Adrienne Jager
AFPA Advanced Personal Trainer graduates have the educational tools necessary to take them to the next level in their career as a Personal Trainer. In order to participate in this advanced program you must have a current certification as a Personal Trainer, or similar thereof. You must provide proof of certification with exam submission. If you do not have a valid Personal Trainer Certification you may order both the Personal Trainer Certification and Advanced Personal Trainer Certification for a discounted fee. See details below.
Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Identify the process of progressive muscular overload with application to high school athletes.
- Demonstrate the differences between Isometric and Isokinetic resistance with application for sports.
- Explain the endocrine systems response to resistance training.
- Differentiate the cardio-vascular training effects and high intensity resistance training effects on over-all cardio-vascular health.
- Interpret the physiological effects on the human body of aerobic, anaerobic and interval training.
- Construct a periodization program to improve performance.
- Design an exercise program based on the principals of specialization and lifting techniques.
- Interpret the detraining phenomenon on both motor performance and strength loss.
- Compare men and women’s response to developing strength and power.
- Demonstrate a safe and effective training program to improve over-all power and strength.
As an AFPA Advanced Personal Trainer working for yourself:
- You keep the money you earn.
- You receive many tax advantages.
- You create your own work schedule.
- You make all the business decisions.
- You can work from home, in a client's home, or at a facility.
- You can further your credentials by obtaining other AFPA Specialty Certifications and increase your earning potential.
As an AFPA Advanced Personal Trainer working in a club:
- You may get to work with advanced clients and athletes.
- You may receive a free membership to the facility.
- You may receive employee benefits.
- Management personal will assign you clients or sports teams.
- The facility will have extensive equipment that you can train your clients with to help them obtain their goals.
- You may get bonuses for obtaining new clients, selling memberships, and nutritional products.
- AFPA cannot "guarantee" employment at any particular health and fitness facility. Many factors are considered when hiring a new employee. AFPA offers job postings listed and updated on the web under Career Centers. We will assist you in any way we can! Your success is our success!
- 18 years of age
- Functional knowledge of English and arithmetic
- Personal Trainer Certification
- CPR is not required to take the examination but may be required by employer, or to obtain liability insurance.
Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Course Includes:
- No travel is necessary
- 2 Course Textbooks, 2 set DVD with descriptions and demonstrations
- Course Study Guide
- No extra fees for course materials and examination
- Upon successful completion and passage your certificate will read "Certified Advanced Personal Trainer"
- Unlimited Toll-Free technical support during and after examination; or email AFPA any time
- Access to the Members Only section on the web with job listings and career enhancement tools
- AFPA Advanced Personal Trainer Certification qualifies you for Professional Liability Insurance
- Updates on new and exciting programs to advance your career
- Weekly AFPA ENews email newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings
- Advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field
Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Course Topics Include, but not limited to:
- Learn how to test and build up the nine essential fitness components including power, strength, speed, quickness, coordination, agility, flexibility, local muscular endurance, and cardiovascular aerobic capacity and endurance.
- Discover the assessment tests to help find the imbalances in movement patterns. Sample corrective exercises are demonstrated to improve mobility and stability, and ways to integrate these exercises into a regular training program.
- Learn how to expose and overcome weaknesses to form a foundation for long-term training gains.
- Identify functional weaknesses and correct imbalances.
- Learn how to refine specific movement skills such as jumping, kicking, cutting, and turning.
- Tailor the training exercises and drills to the development of sport-specific performance factors.
- Periodize training programs precisely for peak performance at critical points in the competitive season, and if necessary, use a safe and effective reconditioning regimen to bring a clients athlete back from injury.
- Case Study Exercise Prescriptions
- Advanced Training Strategies
Requirements for Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Course:
- Enroll safe and secure online, by mail or phone in your order.
- Receive and review all your materials.
- Complete final exam. Final exam includes 125 open ended short answer questions and practical assignment.
- Complete the practical demonstration of the list of exercises included with your materials.
- The visual demonstration may be accomplished through photographs, DVD and CD presentation.
- Detailed instructions will be included with your certification program.
- You have up to 6 months to complete your Advanced Personal Trainer Certification program.
- You may submit your exam once completed anytime prior to the 6 months.
- 90% is required to pass your certification exam.
- You must receive a passing grade of 90% or better on your final exam to receive certification.
- If you do not meet this minimum requirement you will be mailed/or emailed your results.
- You will be the opportunity to correct your answers within a 90 day time period.
- Students that do not achieve this score are able to retake a final exam within 3 months at no added fee.
- Additional attempts are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
How to Order, Shipping & Handling:
- You may place your order online anytime with VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover.
- AFPA has a secure online system 24 hours a day.
- You will receive confirm via email once your order has been received.
- Your order is processed for shipping within 24 business hours.
- You may place your order by phone with a major credit card by calling 1.800.494.7782, M-F 9:00am-5:00pm EST.
- You may mail check or money order, along with completed Enrollment Application to AFPA.
- Standard shipping is USPS Priority Mail. Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
- Optional Shipping is 2 Day FED EX or Next Day FED EX for an additional fee.
- All international orders are shipped Economy Fed EX to insure delivery.
- Select your shipping option upon check out.
- Orders are processed immediately and shipped w/in 24 business hours.
The AFPA Advanced Personal Trainer Certification program is full of valuable information about in depth testing protocols, assessment techniques for...
Purchase both the Personal Trainer Certification Program & Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Program and SAVE! Step it up a notch and...
If you are a AFPA Certified Personal Trainer or currently certifed with another organization we'll honor your education and certification by waiving...
Two individuals will save by participating in the "Shared Program Plan". The program works best for those living in the same...
Purchase both the Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Program & Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification Program and SAVE! Increase...
Purchase both the Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Program & Senior Fitness Specialist Certification Program and SAVE! Become a Certified...
Purchase both the Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Program & Children's Fitness Specialist Certification Program and SAVE! Become a Certified...
Purchase both the Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Program & Pre-Post Natal Exercise Specialist Certification Program and SAVE! Become a...
Two individuals will save by participating in the "Shared Program Plan". The program works best for those living in the same household. You will...
Shared Progam Plan for Two
Shared Progam Plan for Two
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification
and Weight Management Consultant Certification