Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification Course - Level II (Int.- Adv.)
The Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification (Level II) course builds upon the information presented in the Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification (Level I) course. It is strongly recommended that an individual take the Level I course prior to Level II or at least be an experienced yoga practioner.
The AFPA Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification (Level II) course offers health and fitness teacher's advice on structuring their yoga classes and shows instructors how to get more from their routines. Emphasis is placed on the importance of standing asanas, joint mobility, and muscular strength. Additionally, presented is a regimen of joint-freeing exercises and describes body reading, a technique that allows practitioners to detect muscular imbalances. You will also learn how to assess individual body imbalances and adapt classes around these imbalances and individual's strengths, flexibility, range of motion.
Building on the AFPA Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification (Level I), this course introduces the student to a further range of postures and opens up a whole new world of well-being. This course takes the student further along the journey of inner peace and harmony. Whether you are already teaching yoga classes or are preparing to do so, you will find these courses to be educational, practical, and inspirational.
Course graduates will gain a clear sense of how to lead a successful class; how to address the needs of a diverse population, and an understanding of your own strengths as a teacher.
Career Options for AFPA Certified Yoga Fitness Instructors:
- Teach Yoga style classes at your local health facility or community center
- Teach at private Yoga Studios, wellness centers or hotel facilities
- Teach stress reduction and wellness programs in public and private venues
- Work as a consultant with other health care practitioners and wellness educators
- Open your own private yoga instruction/wellness center
- Teach Yoga and present workshops at universities, community colleges and other schools
- Create your own Yoga and Wellness business as a consultant or entrepreneur (some recent graduates have utilized their training to open their own original businesses, see above testimonial).
Yoga Fitness Instructor Level II Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Compare and contrast various types of Yoga and the application of each.
- Differentiate between chest & belly breathing, and developing proper breathing techniques.
- Demonstrate techniques for improving mobility and muscle flexibility.
- Practice the joint free series: Pavanmuktasana
- Identify how to align the joints to improve muscle strength using the joint-freeing series.
- Recognize and define Asana Kinesiology and how to apply it to each student in your class.
- Construct yoga classes incorporating increased hip flexibility.
- Design and identify and practice the flexibility exercises, to improve overall health and wellness.
- Create and demonstrate a safe, effective yoga program that improvements flexibility, employs proper breathing techniques and stress reduction.
Topics Covered in the Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification (Level II) Course:
- Yogic theory and philosophy
- Anatomy and Physiology as they relate to yoga practice
- Origins and Theory of Yoga Practice
- Signs of Progress in Yoga Practice
- Anatomy Review of Yoga
- Asana Kinesiology
- Preparation for Practice
- Benefits of Practice
- Anatomy & Mobility Assessment
- Body Reading
- Common Practical Postural Misalignments
- Joint Freedom
- Joint Freeing Series
- Yoga Poses for Optimal Mobility & Strength
- Personalizing Yoga for Individual Imbalances
- Learn Yoga for Specific Goals
- Improving Posture
- Enhancing Body Awareness
- Increased strength
- Relief from Pain
- Strengthening the Immune System
- And Much More!
Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification (Level II) Course:
- No travel is necessary.
- All materials & examination are sent to you at the same time - 1 Instructional Certification Textbook, 2 Instructional DVD's, 1 audio instructional CD; 1all music CD for practice; flash cards; yoga belt for deep stretching; Certification exam.
- Study Suggestions.
- There are no extra or added fees for course materials and examination.
- Upon successful completion and passage your certificate will read "Certified Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification (Level II)".
- AFPA Membership packet with wallet size laminated member ID card.
- Toll-Free technical support during and after examination, or email AFPA any time.
- Access to the Members Only section on the web with job listings and career enhancement tools
- Updates on new and exciting programs to advance your career.
- Free monthly email newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings.
- Continuing Education opportunities with courses and AFPA Fitness Education Conferences.
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field.
- 18 years of age
- Functional knowledge of English and arithmetic
- Basic understanding of anatomy, physiology, yogic philosophy and asanas
- Yoga Fitness Instructor Certifcation - Level I ; or similar
- CPR not required to take examination but will be required by employer and to obtain liability insurance
Candidates best suited for the AFPA Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification (Level II) Course:
- You are a yoga enthusiast with at least one to two years yoga instructor experience
- Are interested in deepening and challenging your own practice
- Have desire to teach your own body and/or others
Requirements for AFPA Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification (Level II) Course:
- Complete the online order information, mail in application or phone in your order.
- Receive and review all your materials.
- Complete the AFPA Yoga Fitness Level II final certification exam.
- The final exam includes 75 identification & short answer questions, in addition to various case studies & at home practice sessions.
- Complete the Class Participation Log Sheet - you are required to participate in 20 Yoga style classes.
- Complete the practical demonstration of a conditioning program of your choice. The practical demonstration may be accomplished through photographs, DVD, CD or Utube presentation. Detailed instructions will be included with your certification program.
- You have up to 6 months to complete your Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification Level II course.
- You may submit your exam once completed anytime prior to the 6 months.
- 90% is required to pass your certification exam.
- You must receive a passing grade of 90% or better to receive certification.
- If you do not meet this minimum requirement you will be mailed/or emailed your results.
- You will be the opportunity to correct your answers within a 90 day time period.
- Students that do not achieve this score are able to retake a final exam within 3 months at no added fee.
- Additional attempts are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
How to Order, Shipping & Handling:
- You may place your order online anytime with VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover.
- AFPA has a secure online system 24 hours a day.
- You will receive confirm via email once your order has been received.
- Your order is processed for shipping within 24 business hours.
- You may place your order by phone with a major credit card by calling 1.800.494.7782, M-F 9:00am-5:00pm EST.
- You may mail check or money order, along with completed Enrollment Application to AFPA.
- Standard shipping is USPS Priority Mail. Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
- Optional Shipping is 2 Day FED EX or Next Day FED EX for an additional fee.
- All international orders are shipped Economy Fed EX to insure delivery.
- Select your shipping option upon check out.
- Orders are processed immediately and shipped w/in 24 business hours.
The Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification (Level II) program builds upon the information presented in the Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification...
Purchase both the Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification - Level I and Level II and SAVE! Includes course materials and certification examinations for...
Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification (Level II) & Pilates Fitness Instructor (Level I) Certification
Increase your earning potential and SAVE by purchasing both the Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification - Level II and the Pilates Fitness Instructor...
Increase your earning potential and SAVE by purchasing� both the Yoga Fitness Instructor�Certification - Level II and the Personal Trainer...
Increase your earning potential and SAVE by purchasing both the Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification - Level II and the Group Fitness Instructor...
Two individuals will save by participating in the "Shared Program Plan". The program works best for those living in the same household. You will...
Save by participating in the Shared Program Plan. You will receive one set of materials and two examinations sent to one location. Each applicant is...
Shared Progam Plan for Two
Shared Progam Plan for Two
Shared Progam Plan for Two
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification
and Weight Management Consultant Certification