Functional Training Specialist Certification Course
Functional Training is a system of athletic development that focuses on training the body the way it will be used in competition, making it the most efficient and effective form of training today.
The AFPA Functional Training Specialist Certification course is designed to educate you on the Functional Training protocols to improve total athleticism, enhances performance, and reduces injuries through exercise progressions that will spur development potential for specific movement patterns commonly use in sport.
The AFPA Functional Training Specialist Certification course is a valuable additional credential for all Certified Personal Trainers, Fitness Instructors and those that work with athletes and sports enthusiasts. Expand your services and programs to include functional exercises for beginner, intermediate and advanced clients, and increase your earning potential at the same time!
Functional Exercise Specialist Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Develop safe functional exercise progressions based on the unique needs of each client.
- Describe the benefits of exercise, and the applications to improve the ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Discuss how non-athletes and athletes can balance upper-body strength and stability.
- Illustrate lower body strength and balance progressions.
- Recognize how to restore hip extension flexibility and balance hamstring flexibility.
- Apply and implement functional exercises to improve overall performance in both athletics and everyday living.
- Differentiate between exercise variations using equipment commonly found in both the weight room and aerobic studio.
- Construct a Plyometric training program to increase power while reducing prevention.
What you will learn:
You will learn how to administer tests to determine where to start, the progressions focus on training for the torso, the upper body, and the lower body. You will learn detailed programs that incorporate the exercises and methods for these progressions. Provided will be 13 sample exercise progressions (six for the upper body, three for the torso, and four for the lower body). Each progression has 17-23 exercises, arranged according to difficulty.
You will also learn why it is important to have a sense of purpose for exercise selection and how functional exercises cross over to enhance the activities of daily living. A progressive functional continuum is presented and reviewed. The AFPA Functional Training Specialist Certification course is applicable for group instructors and personal trainers. Includes sample exercise progressions for upper body, lower body and the core body.
- Assessing Your Functional Fitness
- Adding Functionality to Your Program
- Designing Your Program
- Linear and Lateral Warm-Up
- Integrated Training Progressions
- Upper Body Strength and Balance Progressions
- Lower-Body Strength and Balance Progressions
- Hip Extensions and Healthy Hamstrings
- Targeted Torso Training and Rotational Strength
- Balanced Upper-Body Strength and Stability
- Plyometric Training for Power and Injury Prevention
- Olympic Lifting for Quickness and Power
- Performance Enhancement Programs
- No travel is necessary.
- All materials & examination are sent to you at the same time - 2 Instructional Certification Textbooks, 2 Instructional DVD's, certification exam.
- Study Suggestions and self-assessment quizzes.
- There are no extra or added fees for course materials and examination.
- Upon successful completion and passage your certificate will read "Certified Functional Training Specialist".
- AFPA Membership packet with wallet size laminated member ID card.
- Toll-Free technical support during and after examination, or email AFPA any time.
- Access to the Members Only section on the web with job listings and career enhancement tools
- Updates on new and exciting programs to advance your career.
- AFPA ENews weekly email newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings.
- Continuing Education opportunities with courses and AFPA Fitness Education Conferences.
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field.
- 18 years of age
- Personal Trainer Certification suggested
- Functional knowledge of English and arithmetic
- CPR not required to take examination but may be required by employer or to obtain liability insurance.
- Complete the online order information, mail in application or phone in your order.
- Receive and review all your materials.
- Complete the final certification exam - 90 short answer open ended questions and 4 case studies.
- You have up to 6 months to complete your Functional Training Specialist Certification course.
- You may submit your final exam once completed anytime prior to the 6 months.
- 90% is required to pass your certification exam.
- You must receive a passing grade of 90% or better to receive certification.
- If you do not meet this minimum requirement you will be mailed/or emailed your results.
- You will be the opportunity to correct your answers within a 90 day time period.
- Students that do not achieve this score are able to retake a final exam within 3 months at no added fee.
- Additional attempts are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
- You may place your order online anytime with VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover.
- AFPA has a secure online system 24 hours a day.
- You will receive confirm via email once your order has been received.
- Your order is processed for shipping within 24 business hours.
- You may place your order by phone with a major credit card by calling 1.800.494.7782, M-F 9:00am-5:00pm EST.
- You may mail check or money order, along with completed Enrollment Application to AFPA.
- Standard shipping is USPS Priority Mail. Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
- Optional Shipping is 2 Day FED EX or Next Day FED EX for an additional fee.
- All international orders are shipped Economy Fed EX to insure delivery.
- Select your shipping option upon check out.
- Orders are processed immediately and shipped w/in 24 business hours.
Topics Covered in the Functional Training Specialist Certification Course:
Functional Training Specialist Certification Course Includes:
Requirements for AFPA Functional Training Specialist Certification Course:
How to Order, Shipping & Handling:
The AFPA Functional Training Specialist Certification program is designed to teach the Functional Training protocols to improve total athleticism,...
Purchase both the Functional Training Specialist Certification program and Personal Trainer Certification program and SAVE! Increase your knowledge...
Purchase both the Functional Training Specialist Certification Program & Fitness Instructor Certification Program and SAVE!Increase your earning...
Purchase both the Functional Training Specialist Certification Program & Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification Program and SAVE! Increase...
Purchase both the Functional Training Specialist Certification Program & Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification Program and SAVE! Increase your...
Two individuals will save by participating in the "Shared Program Plan". The program works best for those living in the same household. You will...
Shared Progam Plan for Two
Shared Progam Plan for Two
Shared Progam Plan for Two
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification
and Weight Management Consultant Certification