Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification Course
The AFPA Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification course presents the principles and practices of a new era of athletic training. Learn to build a conditioning program through testing and building up nine essential fitness components including power, strength, speed, quickness, coordination, agility, flexibility, local muscular endurance, and cardiovascular aerobic capacity and endurance. Next you will learn the training exercises and drills that for the development of sport-specific performance factors. Then you learn how to periodize the training program precisely for peak performance at critical points in the competitive season and how to use safe and effective reconditioning regimens to bring an athlete back from injury.
If you are currently training clients as a Certified Personal Trainer, adding the credentials of Certified Sports Conditioning Specialist will enable you to expand your services and programs to athletes and sports competition enthusiasts, as well as help to increase your earning potential!
Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Indentify the weak muscle links that inhibit optimal performance.
- Examine a client's gait and determine how to improve speed and reduce injury.
- Assist your client in improving balance and stability.
- Administer proper strength and endurance training to minimize injury and increase overall performance.
- Recognize how agility training improves overall speed.
- Identify imbalances in core stability and strength and make necessary changes to correct these imbalances.
- Differentiate between exercises to enhance sports specific skills and those to develop new skills.
- Construct proper workouts, using the periodization model.
- Design cardiovascular programs to maximize aerobic capacity for endurance athletes.
- Assemble individual members together with different body types, skill levels, strength and aerobic capacities into a competitive team.
Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification Course Topics Include, but not limited to:
- Periodizing Training for Peak Performance
- Designing Periodized Workouts and Training Programs
- Goal Setting
- Off-season Programs
- In-Season and Multi-sport Programs
- Restoring Performance After Injury
- Future Developments in Sports Conditioning
- Mobility and Stability Testing
- Balance & Core Training
- Strength and Endurance Testing
- Movement Imbalance Training
- Strength and Endurance Exercises
- Power, Speed, and Agility Testing
- Speed and Quickness Training
- Power, Speed, and Agility Drills
- Baseline Fitness Testing for Sports
- Developing a Sports Performance Training Program
- Incorporating Sport-Specific Skills Into Training
- Creating Conditioning Drills & Designing Periodized Workouts and Training Programs for:
- Track/Cross Country
- Volleyball & More!
Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification Course Includes:
- No travel is necessary.
- All materials & examination are sent to you at the same time
- 2 Instructional Certification Textbooks, 2 Instructional DVD's, certification exam.
- Study Suggestions, practice assignments.
- There are no extra or added fees for course materials and examination.
- Upon successful completion and passage your certificate will read "Certified Sports Conditioning Specialist ".
- AFPA Membership packet with wallet size laminated member ID card.
- Toll-Free technical support during and after examination, or email AFPA any time.
- Access to the Members Only section on the web with job listings and career enhancement tools
- Updates on new and exciting programs to advance your career.
- AFPA Enew weekly email newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings.
- Continuing Education opportunities with courses and AFPA Fitness Education Conferences.
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field.
- 18 years of age
- Functional knowledge of English and arithmetic
- Personal Trainer Certification recommended
- CPR not required to take examination but may be required by employer or to obtain liability insurance.
Requirements for AFPA Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification Course:
- Complete the online order information, mail in application or phone in your order.
- Receive and review all your materials.
- Complete the final certification exam which includes 125 short answer open ended questions and a case study.
- You have up to 6 months to complete your Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification course.
- You may submit your exam once completed anytime prior to the 6 months.
- 90% is required to pass your certification exam.
- You must receive a passing grade of 90% or better to receive certification.
- If you do not meet this minimum requirement you will be mailed/or emailed your results.
- You will be the opportunity to correct your answers within a 90 day time period.
- Students that do not achieve this score are able to retake a final exam within 3 months at no added fee.
- Additional attempts are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
How to Order, Shipping & Handling:
- You may place your order online anytime with VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover.
- AFPA has a secure online system 24 hours a day.
- You will receive confirm via email once your order has been received.
- Your order is processed for shipping within 24 business hours.
- You may place your order by phone with a major credit card by calling 1.800.494.7782, M-F 9:00am-5:00pm EST.
- You may mail check or money order, along with completed Enrollment Application to AFPA.
- Standard shipping is USPS Priority Mail. Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
- Optional Shipping is 2 Day FED EX or Next Day FED EX for an additional fee.
- All international orders are shipped Economy Fed EX to insure delivery.
- Select your shipping option upon check out.
The AFPA Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification program presents the principles and practices of a new era of athletic training. Learn to build...
Purchase both the Personal Trainer Certification Program & Sports Conditioning Specialist Program and SAVE! You will have 6 months to complete...
Purchase both the Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification Program & Group Fitness Instructor Certification Program and SAVE! Increase your...
Purchase both the Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification program & Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification program and SAVE! Increase...
Purchase both the Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification Program & Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification Program and SAVE! Increase...
Two individuals will save by participating in the "Shared Program Plan". The program works best for those living in the same household. You...
Shared Progam Plan for Two
Shared Progam Plan for Two
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification
and Weight Management Consultant Certification