Trainer of Special Populations Certification Course
The AFPA Trainer of Special Populations Certification Program is nationally and internationally recognized since 1995. AFPA Trainer of Special Populations graduates are prepared to design & implement effective exercise programs for a vareity of populations that range from youth, senior, pre/post prenancy, and people with disabilities, chronic diseases and multiple conditions.
Trainer of Special Populations Course Learning Objectives:
- Analyze and implement exercise management programs for over 30 different chronic diseases, disabilities and dysfunctions.
- Employ exercise protocols within the realm of personal training for metabolic syndrome, stress and anxiety disorder, multiple chronic conditions, fibromyalgia and the other conditions.
- Examine and integrate a physicians recommendations into your personal training exercise program for clients.
- Identify safe, effective, and targeted rehabilitation exercises for sports medicine protocols.
- Apply rehabilitation techniques for various injuries and different muscle, joint, and bone sports medicine injuries and dysfunctions
- 18 years of age
- Functional knowledge of english and arthimetic
- Valid Personal Trainer Certificate or equivalent
- Suggested 2 years designing and implementing exericse programs.
Trainer of Special Populations Certification Course Includes:
- No travel is necessary.
- All materials & examination are sent to you at the same time - 3 Textbooks; AFPA Special Populations DVD; AFPA CD with reproducible forms for stretching programs, nutrition and your personal training business; post rehabilitation stretches & exercises. Contains printable forms for yours' and your client's use.
- Study Suggestions.
- There are no extra or added fees for course materials and examination.
- Upon successful completion and passage your certificate will read "Certified Trainer of Special Populations".
- AFPA Membership packet with wallet size laminated member ID card.
- Toll-Free technical support during and after examination, or email AFPA any time.
- Access to the Members Only section on the web with job listings and career enhancement tools
- Updates on new and exciting programs to advance your career.
- Free weekly email newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings.
- Continuing Education opportunities with courses and AFPA Fitness Education Conferences.
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field.
Trainer of Special Populations Certification Course Topics Include, but not limited to:
Chronic Diseases and Disabilities Component
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Pulmonary Diseases
- Metabolic Diseases
- Immunological/Hematological Disorders
- Orthopedic Diseases and Disabilities
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Cognitive, Psychological, and Sensory Disorders
- Generic and Brand Names of Commonly Used Drugs by Class
- Effects of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Drugs on Exercise Capacity
- Effects of Noncardiovascular and Nonrespiratory Drugs on Exercise Capacity
- Web Sites for Additional Resources on Chronic Diseases and Disabilities
Children’s/Youth Fitness Component
- Basics of Fitness Strategies for Teaching Children Fitness
- Exercise Descriptions
- Cardiorespiratory Endurance Activities
- Muscular Strength and Endurance
- 45 activities and strategies, 80 exercises and 40 homework assignments that furnish a variety of practical ideas to keep students moving, thinking, and acquiring the skills needed for active living
- Each hands-on activity is designed to teach children about important health-related fitness components: cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular strength and endurance, and flexibility. You'll also find a brief survey of goals for teaching fitness, basic fitness and training methods as they apply to elementary-age children, and general teaching techniques.
Pre/Post Natal Fitness Component
- Benefits of Exercising During Pregnancy
- How Exercise Benefits Mother and Baby
- Exercise and Premature Labor
- Maternal Benefits of Regular Exercise
- Benefits of Maternal Exercise for Baby
- Principles of exercise Prescription
- Preconception and Early Pregnancy
- Mid and Late Pregnancy
- Postpartum Exercise
Senior Fitness Component
- Age-related changes in the cardiopulmonary, nervous, and musculoskeletal systems and the effect of exercise on these systems
- Physical conditions that can affect the safety of exercise, including hypertension, cardiovascular disease, pulmonary disease, arthritis, and osteoporosis
- Psychological and social aspects of aging and how they are influenced by exercise
- Learn how to structure a program to effectively meet the special needs of older exercisers, including information on class format, safety and liability, exercise intensity, and social components
- Exercise Science and Age-Related Changes in Functional Ability
- Meeting the Needs of Older Exercisers
- Land-Based Programming
- Chair Exercise
- Water-Based Programming
- Special Considerations
- Target Heart Rate Variations
- Arthritis Water Exercise
- Developing and Promoting Your Senior Exercise Program
Requirements for Trainer of Special Populations Certification Course:
- Complete the online order information, mail in application or phone in your order.
- Receive and review all your materials.
- Complete the written certification exam. Written exam includes 150 short answer, discussion questions, and three written case studies pertaining to persons with special conditions.
- You have up to 6 months to complete your Trainer of Special Populations Certification course.
- You may submit your exam once completed anytime prior to the 6 months.
- 90% is required to pass your certification exam. AFPA holds the highest level of standards.
- If you do not pass your certification examination you may retake the exam one time at no added cost.
- You must receive a passing grade of 90% or better on the final exam to receive certification.
- If you do not meet this minimum requirement you will be mailed/or emailed your results.
- You will be the opportunity to correct your answers within a 90 day time period.
- Students that do not achieve this score are able to retake a final exam within 3 months at no added fee.
- Additional attempts are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
How to Order, Shipping & Handling:
- You may place your order online anytime with VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover.
- AFPA has a secure online system 24 hours a day.
- You will receive confirm via email once your order has been received.
- Your order is processed for shipping within 24 business hours.
- You may place your order by phone with a major credit card by calling 1.800.494.7782, M-F 9:00am-5:00pm EST.
- You may mail check or money order, along with completed Enrollment Application to AFPA.
- Standard shipping is USPS Priority Mail. Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
- Optional Shipping is 2 Day FED EX or Next Day FED EX for an additional fee.
- All international orders are shipped Economy Fed EX to insure delivery.
- Select your shipping option upon check out.
- Orders are processed immediately and shipped w/in 24 business hours.
The AFPA Trainer of Special Populations Certification Program is nationally and internationally recognized since 1994. The AFPA Trainer of Special...
Purchase both the Group Fitness Instructor Certification Program & Trainer of Special Populations Certification Program and SAVE! Become a Certified...
Purchase both the Personal Trainer Certification Program & Trainer of Special Populations Certification Program and SAVE! Become a Certified...
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification
and Weight Management Consultant Certification