Post-Rehab Exercise Specialist Certification Course
Learn the skills and knowledge necessary to offer Post Rehabilitation Exercise services to clients and receive the recognition for being on the forefront of health care to your clients and those you serve.
This course will teach you how to develop safe and effective post rehabilitative fitness programs for clients with various limitations that are recovering from a variety of injuries, disease and/or treatments. With proper training and networking capabilities you can take the next step toward receiving a higher hourly income, as well as becoming the potential training company or facility for post rehab patients/clients from area hospitals, physical therapist clinics and Sport and Senior Rehab Centers.
- Prescribe exercise programming and testing for clients, especially those coping with multiple conditions
- Keep informed of the latest developments related to chronic diseases and disabilities
- Apply exercise programming in your day-to-day practice
- Parlay specific symptoms of a disease or disability into an effective exercise testing or programming prescription
- Stay current on the latest drugs used to treat chronic diseases and disabilities
- Emphasize practical application rather than scientific theory
- Describe the framework for determining functional capacity.
- Develop appropriate exercise programming for clients with disease and disability.
- Identify muscle origin and insertions and determine directionality of muscle contraction.
- Recognize interactions of medications and their effects on exercise.
- Evaluate what basic principles of exercise testing and prescription will be applicable based on the pre-existing medical condition of client.
- Identify the practical application of exercise programs in the management of a variety of chronic medical conditions.
- Differentiate between muscle weakness caused by lack of use or a result of a medical condition such as Parkinson’s disease.
- Construct an exercise program to minimize low back pain, and improve over-all core strength.
- Design an exercise program around orthopedic limitations due to knee, back, shoulder and other types of injuries.
- Arrange a safe, effective, and structured exercise program encouraging clients, while working to improve quality of life-ADL [activities of daily living].
- 18 years of age
- Functional knowledge of english and arthimetic
- Personal Trainer Certificate or equivalent
- Concepts of Rehabilitation
- Basic Components of Therapeutic Exercise
- Concepts of Healing
- The Role of Therapeutic Exercise in Healing
- Concepts in Physics
- Evaluation, Assessment and Examination
- Keeping Rehabilitation Records
- Therapeutic Exercise Parameters and Techniques
- Range of Motion and Flexibility
- Measuring Range of Motion
- Manual Therapy Techniques
- Muscle Strength and Endurance
- Evaluating Muscle Strength
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation
- The ABCs of Proprioception
- Therapeutic Exercise for Proprioception
- Functional Exercise
- Functional Evaluation
- A Lower-Extremity Functional Progression
- An Upper-Extremity Functional Progression
- General Therapeutic Exercise Applications
- Aquatic Therapeutic Exercise
- Swiss-Ball Exercises
- Foam-Roller Exercises
- Therapeutic Exercise for Tendinitis
- Rehabilitation for the Spine and Sacroiliac
- Rehabilitation for the Shoulder and Arm
- Rehabilitation Elbow and Forearm
- Rehabilitation Wrist and Hand
- Rehabilitation Foot, Ankle, and Lower Leg
- Rehabilitation Knee and Thigh
- Rehabilitation Hip
- No travel is necessary.
- All materials & examination are sent to you at the same time - 2 Instructional College Level Textbooks, 2 Instructional DVD's, Certification examination.
- Study suggestions, quizzes and final examination
- There are no extra or added fees for course materials and examination.
- Upon successful completion and passage your certificate will read "Certified Post Rehabilitative Exercise Specialist".
- AFPA Membership packet with wallet size laminated member ID card.
- Toll-Free technical support during and after examination, or email AFPA any time.
- Access to the Members Only section on the web with job listings and career enhancement tools
- Updates on new and exciting programs to advance your career.
- AFPA ENews weekly email newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings.
- Continuing Education opportunities with courses and AFPA Fitness Education Conferences.
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field.
- Enroll safe and secure online order information, mail in application or phone in your order.
- Receive and review all your materials.
- Complete the written certification exam.
- Written exam includes 100 open ended short answer questions and 2 case study.
- You have up to 6 months to complete your Post-Rehab Exercise Specialist Certification program.
- You may submit your exam once completed anytime prior to the 6 months.
- 90% is required to pass your certification exam. AFPA holds the highest level of standards.
- You must receive a passing grade of 90% or better on your final exam to receive certification.
- If you do not meet this minimum requirement you will be mailed/or emailed your results.
- You will be the opportunity to correct your answers within a 90 day time period.
- Students that do not achieve this score are able to retake a final exam within 3 months at no added fee.
- Additional attempts are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
- You may place your order online anytime with VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover.
- AFPA has a secure online system 24 hours a day.
- You will receive confirm via email once your order has been received.
- Your order is processed for shipping within 24 business hours.
- You may place your order by phone with a major credit card by calling 1.800.494.7782, M-F 9:00am-5:00pm EST.
- You may mail check or money order, along with completed Enrollment Application to AFPA.
- Standard shipping is USPS Priority Mail. Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
- Optional Shipping is 2 Day FED EX or Next Day FED EX for an additional fee.
- All international orders are shipped Economy Fed EX to insure delivery.
- Select your shipping option upon check out.
- Orders are processed immediately and shipped w/in 24 business hours.
The Post Rehabilitative Exercise Specialist Certification Course is designed to help you:
Post Rehabilitative Exercise Specialist Certification Course Learning Objectives:
Minimum Required Prerequisites:
Post Rehabilitative Exercise Specialist Certification Course Topics Include, but not limited to:
Post Rehabilitative Exercise Specialist Certification Course Includes:
Requirements for Post Rehabilitative Exercise Specialist Certification Course:
How to Order, Shipping & Handling:
Purchase both the Personal Trainer Certification Program & Post Rehabilitative Exercise Specialist Certification Program and SAVE! Step it up a notch...
The course will teach you how to develop safe and effective post rehabilitative fitness programs for clients with various limitations that are...
Purchase both the Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Program & Post Rehabilitative Exercise Specialist Certification Program and SAVE! AFPA...
Purchase both the Post Rehabilitative Exercise Specialist Certification program & Senior Fitness Specialist Certification program and SAVE! Become a...
Two individuals will save by participating in the "Shared Program Plan". The program works best for those living in the same household. You will...
Shared Progam Plan for Two
Shared Program Plan for Two
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification
and Weight Management Consultant Certification