Master Personal Trainer Certification Course
If you are an AFPA Certified Personal Trainer or a Certified Personal Trainer with another organization, we will honor your education and certification by waiving the tuition fees associated with the Personal Trainer Certification for our Master Personal Trainer Certification program.
Contact us for details or to order call 1.800.494.7782.
The AFPA Master Personal Trainer Certification designation is the most advanced level of certification AFPA offers. To earn this certificate you are required to complete the AFPA Personal Trainer Certification course, the AFPA Advanced Personal Trainer Certification course, the AFPA Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification course, the AFPA Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification course, in addition to completing 5 case study projects for the distinction of AFPA Personal Trainer-Master Level Certification.
By completing the requirements for the AFPA Personal Trainer-Master Level Certification you will set yourself apart from others by means of the your personal level of educational development, expertise, professionalism and commitment to the health and fitness industry.
When you have completed all requirements for the AFPA Personal Trainer-Master Level Certification you will have earned a total of five (5) credentials: Personal Trainer Certification, Advanced Personal Trainer Certification, Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification, Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification and the AFPA Personal Trainer -Master Level Certification.
Type of delivery method was wonderful. Being a single dad of two toddlers who has a full time job and is working on finishing up his MA degree does not give me a lot of free time. This exam allowed me ample time and worked great with my busy schedule. Bret T. Miller
Personal Trainer - Master Level Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Identify the business fundamentals of administration, marketing, and management in personal training.
- Employ the communication skills needed in personal fitness instruction.
- Apply the principles of exercise science, human anatomy, and biomechanics to movement design and exercise instruction.
- Name and describe exercise testing procedures to assess cardiorespiratory function, body composition, muscular fitness, and flexibility and give suggestions for improvement in these areas.
- Design educationally- based fitness programs to include cardiovascular training, resistance training and flexibility programs.
- Demonstrate the proper usage of various commercial fitness machines and equipment utilizing appropriate exercise guidelines and spotting techniques.
- Differentiate between appropriate exercise principles and practices for adults, children and older populations
- Discuss exercise testing and training modifications for special populations.
- Identify the process of progressive muscular overload with application to high school athletes.
- Demonstrate the differences between Isometric and Isokinetic resistance with application for sports.
- Explain the endocrine systems response to resistance training.
- Differentiate the cardio-vascular training effects and high intensity resistance training effects on over-all cardio-vascular health.
- Interpret the physiological effects on the human body of aerobic, anaerobic and interval training.
- Construct a periodization program to improve performance.
- Design an exercise program based on the principals of specialization and lifting techniques.
- Interpret the detraining phenomenon on both motor performance and strength loss.
- Compare men and women’s response to developing strength and power.
- Demonstrate a safe and effective training program to improve over-all power and strength.
- Indentify the weak muscle links that inhibit optimal performance.
- Examine a clients gait and determine how to improve speed and reduce injury.
- Assist your client in improving balance and stability.
- Administer proper strength and endurance training to minimize injury and increase overall performance.
- Recognize how agility training improves overall speed.
- Identify imbalances in core stability and strength and make necessary changes to correct these imbalances.
- Differentiate between exercises to enhance sports specific skills.
- Construct proper workouts, using the periodization model.
- Design cardio-vascular programs to maximize aerobic capacity for endurance athletes.
- Assemble individual members together with different body types, skill levels, strength and aerobic capacities into a competitive team.
- Define the major functions of the macro- and micro-nutrients as well as oxygen.
- Identify practical food sources of the macronutrients.
- Examine the effects of food choices on physical fitness and health.
- Discuss the principles of energy balance.
- Evaluate the use of various weight control diets to meet appropriate weight goals.
- Employ methods used to assess nutrition status.
- Explain how dietary recommendations are formulated.
- Examine methods used to carry out nutrition research.
- Distinguish sound nutritional information from unreliable nutritional information.
- Recognize appropriate behavioral change modifications and dietary approaches for different ages and populations.
- Construct a foundation for wellness nutrition based on current scientific research.
- Identify how to reinforce positive food habits and behaviors.
- Analyze the role of diet in causing and preventing various diseases, particularly chronic diseases.
- Recognize healthy diet and food choices, and explain why such choices will help prevent health problems.
- Formulate and design your own personalize meal plan and meal plans for clients.
- Examine common myths and fallacies concerning diet.
- 18 years of age.
- Functional knowledge of English and arithmetic
- CPR is not required to take the examination but may be required by employer prior to employment.
AFPA Personal Trainer-Master Level Certification Course Includes:
- No travel is necessary.
- All materials, DVD's, quizzes & final examinations are sent to you at the same time.
- There are no extra or added fees for course materials and examinations.
- Upon successful completion and passage each certification course you will be issued the corresponding certification.
- AFPA Membership packet with wallet size laminated member ID card for each certification.
- Unlimited Toll-Free technical support during and after examination, or email AFPA any time.
- Access to the Members Only section on the web with job listings and career enhancement tools.
- AFPA Personal Trainer - Master Level Certification qualifies you for Professional Liability Insurance.
- Updates on new and exciting programs to advance your career.
- Free monthly email newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings.
- Continuing Education opportunities with courses and AFPA Fitness Education Conferences.
AFPA Personal Trainer-Master Level Certification Course Topics Include, but not limited to:
Personal Trainer Certification Course:
- Starting, Maintaining, and Growing a Successful Personal Training Business
- Foundations Behind Program Design That Works
- Practical Fitness Testing and Assessment
- Achieving Goal & People Oriented Programming
- Science Behind Accurate Exercise Programs
- Program Design: Application That Bridges Theory to Practice
- Gauging Exercise Intensity
- Cardio-respiratory Conditioning Programming
- Resistance Training Programming: A Balanced Approach
- Flexibility Training: Effective Program Design
- Fueling Your Clients: Before, During, and After Workouts
- Guiding Clients Toward Healthy Eating Habits
- Managing Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, High Blood Pressure, and Heart Disease
- Training the Cardiac Patient
- Diabetes: Types 1 and 2
- Asthma and Your Client
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid
- Working With Older Adults
- Training the Pregnant Client: A Special Healthy Population
- Anatomical Design and Function
- Effective Exercise Selection
- Optimal Exercise Technique
- Core and Trunk Exercises
- Compound Lower Body Exercises
- Isolated Lower Body Exercises
- Upper Body Pushing Exercises
- Upper Body Pulling Exercises
- Program Planning
Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Course:
- Training techniques for strength, definition, and muscle size
- Functional training exercises using the stability ball, medicine balls, tubing and more
- Included are three programs for base strength, full-body fitness, and advanced split routines that show you how to combine the exercises into progressive strength programs. By varying intensity, volume, recovery, and exercise sequencing, you can design customized programs for reaching both immediate and long-term training goals.
- Learn how to test and build up the nine essential fitness components including power, strength, speed, quickness, coordination, agility, flexibility, local muscular endurance, and cardiovascular aerobic capacity and endurance.
Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification Course:
- Discover the assessment tests to help find the imbalances in movement patterns. Sample corrective exercises are demonstrated to improve mobility and stability, and ways to integrate these exercises into a regular training program.
- Learn how to expose and overcome weaknesses to form a foundation for long-term training gains.
- Identify functional weaknesses and correct imbalances.
- Learn how to refine specific movement skills such as jumping, kicking, cutting, and turning.
- Tailor the training exercises and drills to the development of sport-specific performance factors.
- Periodized training programs precisely for peak performance at critical points in the competitive season, and if necessary, use a safe and effective reconditioning regimen to bring a clients athlete back from injury.
- Periodizing Training for Peak Performance
- Designing Periodized Workouts and Training Programs
- Goal Setting
- Off-season Programs
- In-Season and Multi-sport Programs
- Restoring Performance After Injury
- Future Developments in Sports Conditioning
- Mobility and Stability Testing
- Balance & Core Training
- Strength and Endurance Testing
- Movement Imbalance Training
- Strength and Endurance Exercises
- Power, Speed, and Agility Testing
- Speed and Quickness Training
- Power, Speed, and Agility Drills
- Baseline Fitness Testing for Sports
- Developing a Sports Performance Training Program
- Incorporating Sport-Specific Skills Into Training
- Creating Conditioning Drills & Designing Periodized Workouts and Training Programs for: Tennis Track/Cross Country Hockey Basketball Baseball/Softball Football Golf Soccer Volleyball & More!
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification Course:
- The Art of Understanding Nutrition
- The Pursuit of an Ideal Diet
- The Carbohydrates: Sugar, Starch, and Fiber
- The Lipids: Fats and Oils
- The Proteins and Amino Acids
- The Vitamins
- Water and the Minerals
- Weight Management
- Nutrition and Fitness
- The Life Cycle: Conception Through the Later Years food Safety and the Global Food Supply
- Nutrition Resources
- An Introduction to the Human Body
- American Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations
- Canadian Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations
- Aids to Calculations
- Food Exchange Systems
- Chapter Notes
- Table of Food Composition
- How to Lay a Foundation for Good Health
- Beyond the Physical Causes of Health
- Stress & Your Health
- Characteristics of the Optimum Diet
- Japanese and Mediterranean Diet
- Water Soluble and Fat soluble vitamins
- Tips to Manage Your Weight
- Food Shopping, Health Food Store Navigation & Buying Organic
- Shopping for Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements
- Reading Food Labels
- Cooking Tips
- Eating Out
- Importance of Physical Activity
- Aerobic, Strength, Flexibility & Balance Training
- Making Positive Changes in Your Life
- Effective Counseling Relationship
- Nutrition Counseling Skills
- The Counseling Interview
- Goal Setting
- Design a Plan of Action
- Dietary Assessment
- Energy Determinations, Physical Assessment, Documentation/Charting
- Strategies to Promote Change
- Making Behavior Change Last
- Role of A Nutrition Counselor in Physical Activity Counseling
- Ending the Counseling Relationship
- Professionalism in the Helping Relationship
- Group Counseling
- Lifestyle Management Forms
- Worksheets & Questionnaires to Document & Assess Counseling Sessions
- Forms and Checklists for Easy Duplication
- Nutrition Component:
Requirements for the AFPA Personal Trainer-Master Level Certification Course:
- Enroll safe and secure online, mail in your order or phone in your order.
- Receive and review all your materials.
- Complete the final exam for each certification course.
- Complete the practical demonstrations for the Personal Trainer Certification and the Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification programs, and the case studies for the Advanced Personal Trainer Certification and the Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification.
- The visual demonstration may be accomplished through photographs, DVD, CD or UTube presentation. Detailed instructions will be included with your certification program.
- Complete and pass the 4 final certification examinations.
- Complete the 5 case studies for the Master Personal Trainer project.
- 90% is required on all final exams.
- If you do not pass your certification examination you may retake the exam one time at no added cost. Additional attempts are subject to a $50.00 administrative fee.
Approximate Completion Time:
- You will have up to 6 months for each certification course (4) and the final assignment (1); for a total of up to 30 months to earn the distinction of the AFPA Personal Trainer Master Level Certification. This is a self-paced, self-study certification program. Most individuals have no problem completing the certification programs within the six month time period when they spend a minimum of 5-10 hours a week to complete a certification program. You may request more time if needed.
- Completion time varies for each individual based upon their level of experience, educational background and how much time they devote to the Master Personal Trainer Certification course.
- Please allow up to 4 weeks for grading and to receive your certificate. A request for Rapid Results is optional and available for an additional fee of $50.00. Results via email and/or fax within 48 hours, followed by your mailed certificate and membership information within one week of receipt of your exam.
- You must receive a passing grade of 90% or better to receive certification.
- If you do not meet this minimum requirement you will be mailed/or emailed your results.
- You will be the opportunity to correct your answers within a 90 day time period.
- Students that do not achieve this score are able to retake a final exam within 3 months at no added fee.
- Additional attempts are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
How to Order, Shipping & Handling:
- You may place your order online anytime with VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover.
- AFPA has a secure online system 24 hours a day.
- You will receive confirm via email once your order has been received.
- Your order is processed for shipping within 24 business hours.
- You may place your order by phone with a major credit card by calling 1.800.494.7782, M-F 9:00am-5:00pm EST.
- You may mail check or money order, along with completed Enrollment Application to AFPA.
- Standard shipping is USPS Priority Mail. Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
- Optional Shipping is 2 Day FED EX or Next Day FED EX for an additional fee.
- All international orders are shipped Economy Fed EX to insure delivery.
- Select your shipping option upon check out.
- Orders are processed immediately and shipped w/in 24 business hours.
If you are a AFPA Certified Personal Trainer or currently certifed with another organization we'll honor your education and certification by waiving...
Two individuals will save by participating in the "Shared Program Plan". The program works best for those living in the same...
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification
and Weight Management Consultant Certification