The original Cardio Kickboxing© Instructor Certification course is now being offered through AFPA. You will learn to successfully teach fitness kickboxing classes in a health club, martial arts school, corporate wellness center, and university physical education department or even in your own home!
This course is designed to prepare participants to teach safe and effective Cardio Kickboxing exercise programs through the development of leadership and technical skills.
Cardio Kickboxing© Instructor Certification Topics include the following:
- Basic Techniques and Terminology Found in the Martial Arts from Self-Defense, Boxing & Kickboxing
- Integrating Partner Work & Utilizing Equipment For An Effective Cardio, Upper & Lower Body Workout
- Beginner to Advanced Techniques
- Training Outlines for A Variety of Classes
- Sample Programs with Equipment
- The examination is included in the packet
- Over 500 Photos for Detailed, Easy-to-Follow Instruction
- Cardio and Circuit Training of Professional Kickboxers
- Real Self-Defense Techniques & Bag Work
- Excellent Cross-Training Regimen to Enhance Any Activity, Sport or Martial Art
Cardio Kickboxing© Instructor Certification Program Includes:
- No travel is necessary.
- All materials & examination are sent to you at the same time - 2 Instructor Textbooks, 2 set VHS
- There are no extra or added fees for course materials and examination.
- Upon successful completion and passage your certificate will read " Cardio Kickboxing© Instructor Certification". AFPA does not distinguish between "home study" versus "in person" certificates as both programs are equally evaluated.
- AFPA Membership packet with wallet size laminated member ID card.
- Toll-Free technical support during and after examination, or email AFPA any time.
- Access to the Members Only section on the web with job listings and career enhancement tools
- Updates on new and exciting programs to advance your career.
- Free monthly email newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings.
- Continuing Education opportunities with courses and AFPA Fitness Education Conferences.
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand you're your career options in the fitness field.
Minimum Prerequisites for the Cardio Kickboxing© Instructor Certification:
- 18 years of age; High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic familiarity with group fitness classes.
- Current Fitness Certification Suggested.
- CPR not required to take examination but may be required by employer or to obtain liability insurance.
Requirements for Cardio Kickboxing© Instructor Certification:
- Complete the online order information, mail in application or phone in your order.
- Receive and review all your materials.
- Complete the written certification exam. Written exam includes multiple choice questions. Complete a visual demonstration of a Cardio Kickboxing© group fitness class of your choosing. This can be accomplished in your home, private studio or gym.
- The visual demonstration may be accomplished through photographs, DVD, CD or informal VHS presentation. Detailed instructions will be included with your certification program.
- 90% is required to pass your certification exam. AFPA holds the highest level of standards.
- If you do not pass your certification examination you may retake the exam one time at no added cost.