Military & Veterans 

MyCAA Approvedmycaa approved school

AFPA American Fitness Professionals and Associates Certification programs have been approved for the Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA).

AFPA is a MyCAA approved school.  The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA), a component of the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, is a career development and employment assistance program. The MyCAA program helps military spouses pursue professional certifications necessary for gainful employment in high demand, high growth Portable Career Fields and Occupations.

Once you have been approved email AFPA for your Educational Plan at

For more information visit the MyCAA Spouse Portal online.

Call 1-800-342-9647 to speak with a MyCAA Career and Education Consultant. Or Speak with an AFPA representative at 1-494-7782.This program will provide the spouse financial aid up to $4000.00.

VeteransAdmin-SealG.I. Bill Approved

Get reimbursed for any/all AFPA Certifications.  Active military, veterans and eligible spouses and dependents can receive reimbursement. This benefit applies to all AFPA Certifications. 

Here's how:

1. Pass your AFPA Certification exam.

2. Download and Complete VA Form 22-1990 or complete online. Once you have completed this form, you will be in the military admin system as eligible and approved for benefits (for both active duty and veteran).

3. Download and Complete VA Form 22-0803 after you have successfully passed your AFPA Certification exam. You must submit this to Veterans Affairs upon receipt of your credential to start the process for the reimbursement of the AFPA “Certification".

Be sure to request reimbursement for the AFPA CERTIFICATION that you completed. For example AFPA Personal Trainer Certification, or AFPA Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification. Do not use the term "License", "School", or “College” as this will cause approval delays.

For more information on G.I. Bill reimbursement and other FAQ, visit the V.A. website.

For a quick search of the AFPA WEAMS listing.
Go to the WEAMS License/Certification Search: (L&C Name = “AFPA American Fitness Professionals & Associates", Choose "Certification" in the drop down menu for "LAC Category Type” and “NJ" for State)

Military Friendly SchoolFAQs about VA Benefits

What’s The Licensing And Certification Benefit?

The new licensing and certification benefit allows VA (Department of Veterans Affairs) to pay you, if you’re eligible, for a test for a license or certification. You can receive reimbursement for approved licensing or certification tests you take on or after March 1, 2001. These tests must be specifically approved for the G.I.Bill. All AFPA Certification exams have been approved.

Will this benefit really be good for me?

Becoming certified professional can open doors for you. Certification is voluntary, but frequently sought after and will help you get, keep, or advance in a job.

How Much Can I Receive?

You can receive reimbursement of up to $2,000 per test but not more than the actual cost of the test. You can receive benefits to retake a test you failed. The number of tests you can take is unlimited, except that you can’t receive benefit to retake a test you passed.

Am I Eligible?

You may receive this benefit if you’re eligible for:

  • The Montgomery G. I. Bill – Active Duty (also called the MGIB or Chapter 30; unfortunately this benefit isn’t available for the MGIB for reservists)
  • VEAP (also called Chapter 32)
  • Dependents’ Educational Assistance (also called DEA or Chapter 35)

To find out if you might be eligible under any of these programs visit

Reminder: You generally have 10 years after your discharge from active duty to use your benefits.

How Do I Find Out If My Test Has Been Approved?

Visit Click on “Education Benefits”, then “Search for Approved Education Programs”; followed by “Search for Approved License & Certification Programs”. Click “HERE” and under “LAC Category-Certification” enter “NJ”. You will see all AFPA Certification Programs Listed here. AFPA (American Fitness Professionals & Associates) Certification exams were approved on March 1, 2005.

How Do I Apply For Benefits?

Get the ball rolling by taking the certification of your choice and apply for benefits.

Send a copy of your test results to the VA office that handles your education benefits. Check the map at Attach a note with the following information:

  • Your request for reimbursement.
  • Your name and social security number or VA claim number.
  • The name of the test you took and the date you took it.
  • Name and address of the organization issuing the license or certificate (not necessarily the organization that administered the test).
  • Cost of the test (Note: Registration fees, preparation guides, processing fees, etc. will not be reimbursed).
  • The following statement: “I authorize release of my test information to VA.”

If you have never previously filed a claim for VA education benefits, you’ll also need to submit an application for benefits. You can print either of the following forms from

  • VA Form 22-1990 (Veteran or on active duty)
  • VA Form 22-5490 (Eligible Child or spouse)

Or complete and submit the VA form 22-1990 on-line at,

Or call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) and request the form.

Send the application form along with the other information above to the VA regional office that processes your claim. The addresses are on the forms.

Visit the AFPA Professional Resources Page

Thank You To All The Men And Women Serving And Defending The United States Of America!