Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification
Nationally Accredited Nutrition Certification Education with online testing or mail in testing available!
My learning experience while going through the AFPA nutrition and wellness consultant certification process was fantastic! The course was perfect for people with little or no previous experience while remaining challenging for a seasoned professional. I am the founder of The Better Health Network, an organization to help educate people worldwide about the latest advances in nutritional supplements and weight loss programs. My learning experience through AFPA helped me to better understand the clinical studies that I use on a daily basis, so that I am better able to explain their significance to my clients. I am looking forward to a long relationship with AFPA and will promote the certification process wherever possible. I feel the experience and materials were an excellent value for the investment cost. Thank you.
The AFPA Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification program will teach you to give educated guidance to persons seeking nutritional advice on weight management and enhancing health and fitness performance. You will learn the fundamental skills of counseling strategies and protocol, complimented by action-based worksheets and practical case studies. Learn how to effectively communicate with clients to reach their desired goals.
I had an extremely positive and valuable experience during the AFPA certification process. I enjoyed the self-pacing aspect of the process and through the learning procedure was very thorough. I will be using the AFPA website as a reference for future questions that I will have.D. Colemann
The role of a Nutrition & Wellness Consultant:
- A Nutrition & Wellness Consultant assists clients in healthy eating habits and meeting their weight management and nutritional goals.
- A Nutrition & Wellness Consultant offers a sound nutritional plan.
- A Nutrition & Wellness Consultant should advise and present a balanced nutritional strategy.
- A Nutrition & Wellness Consultant is effective in discussing and advising on weight management plans.
- A Nutrition & Wellness Consultant offers nutritional plans for optimizing health.
Opportunities in the Nutrition and Wellness field:
- Nutrition and Wellness Consulting – private consulting services for individuals with weight issues, lack of energy, or physical illness
- Food Supplement Sales – vitamin, mineral and supplement distributors rely on educated nutrition sales consultants to market and sell their products
- Nutrition and Wellness Writer – many magazines accept and pay for articles for publication
- Corporate Wellness Centers – many corporations have wellness programs that include nutritional consulting and personal training
- Weight Loss Centers – Diet centers and Weight management organizations seek educated consultants to assists in management of clients, facilities and support meetings
- The facility may have a current client base that you can consult with to help them obtain their goals
- Health Food and Nutrition Retail Stores – natural food stores, organic markets and supplement stores employ staff with an education in nutrition and wellness
- Nutrition and Wellness Education – provide nutrition education lectures at schools, recreation centers, community centers and special groups that seek information regarding nutrition and optimal health.
Nutrition and Wellness Consultant Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Define the major functions of the macro- and micro-nutrients as well as oxygen.
- Identify practical food sources of the macronutrients.
- Examine the effects of food choices on physical fitness and health.
- Discuss the principles of energy balance.
- Evaluate the use of various weight control diets to meet appropriate weight goals.
- Employ methods used to assess nutrition status.
- Explain how dietary recommendations are formulated.
- Examine methods used to carry out nutrition research.
- Distinguish sound nutritional information from unreliable nutritional information.
- Recognize appropriate behavioral change modifications and dietary approaches for different ages and populations.
- Construct a foundation for wellness nutrition based on current scientific research.
- Identify how to reinforce positive food habits and behaviors.
- Analyze the role of diet in causing and preventing various diseases, particularly chronic diseases.
- Recognize healthy diet and food choices, and explain why such choices will help prevent health problems.
- Formulate and design your own personalize meal plan and meal plans for clients.
- Examine common myths and fallacies concerning diet.
- 18 years of age
- Functional knowledge of English and arithmetic
- Desire to help others in obtaining their nutritional and weight management goals
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification Course Includes:
- No travel is necessary
- All materials & examination are sent to you at the same time
- 2 Certification & Consulting textbooks
- 2 Instructional DVD’s
- Counseling & Lifestyle Management Forms for Starting Your Own Business
- Worksheets and Questionnaires to document and assess counseling sessions
- Forms, Worksheets and Checklists provided are perforated for easy duplication
- Study Suggestions
- There are no extra or added fees for course materials and examination
- Toll-Free technical support during and after examination, or email AFPA any time
- Updates on new and exciting programs to advance your career
- AFPA Enews weekly newsletter with updates, event postings and job listings
- Continuing Education opportunities with courses and AFPA Fitness Education Conferences
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced nutrition certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification Course Topics Include, but not limited to:
- The Art of Understanding Nutrition certification
- The Pursuit of an Ideal Diet
- The Carbohydrates: Sugar, Starch, and Fiber
- The Lipids: Fats and Oils
- The Proteins and Amino Acids
- The Vitamins
- Water and the Minerals
- Weight Management
- Nutrition certification and Fitness
- The Life Cycle: Conception Through the Later Years food Safety and the Global Food Supply
- Nutrition Resources
- An Introduction to the Human Body
- American Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations
- Canadian Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations
- Aids to Calculations
- Food Exchange Systems
- Chapter Notes
- Table of Food Composition
- Heart Disease
- Kidney Failure
- Liver Failure
- Adverse Drug Reactions
- Boosting Immunity
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Essential Tremor
- Western Diseases
- Heart Disease is a Choice
- Atherosclerosis in Childhood
- Unclogging our Arteries
- Preventing Cervical Cancer
- Female Reproductive Health
- Male Reproductive Health
- Treating Constipation
- Starving Cancer Growth
- Treating Cancer with Plants
- Preventing Bladder Infections
- Preventing Food Poisoning
- Lifestyle Modification
- Effective Counseling Relationship
- Nutrition Counseling Skills
- The Counseling Interview
- Goal Setting
- Design a Plan of Action
- Dietary Assessment
- Energy Determinations, Physical Assessment, Documentation/Charting
- Strategies to Promote Change
- Making Behavior Change Last
- Role of A Nutrition Counselor in Physical Activity Counseling
- Ending the Counseling Relationship
- Professionalism in the Helping Relationship
- Group Counseling
- Lifestyle Management Forms
- Worksheets & Questionnaires to Document & Assess Counseling Sessions
- Forms and Checklists for Easy Duplication
Added Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification Course Features:
- Pictorial summaries found at the end of each chapter summarize the chapter’s main points using corresponding images-ideal for visual learners
- A new spotlight on cultural foods has been added to better represent the broadness of ethnic differences, food preferences, and dietary needs among consumers
- Completely updated, this course includes the latest research and data on DRIs, healthy fats, organic foods, athletes and supplements, nutrition and cancer, and more
- Also discussed are food selection and preparation tips to illuminate the ways in which the concepts of nutrition can be applied to everyday life. Students learn about making healthy food and lifestyle
- Concluding each chapter is a listing of pertinent Web sites, encouraging students to look beyond the text for additional, useful information
Requirements for Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification:
- Enroll safe and secure online, mail in enrollment application or phone in your order.
- Receive and review all your materials.
- Complete the optional self assessment course quizzes online.
- Complete your course assignments.
- Complete the final exam ONLINE or by MAIL which includes 240 multiple choice, true/false.
- 85% is required to pass your final certification exam.
- You have up to 6 months to complete your Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification course.
- You may complete your final exam ONLINE or by MAIL at anytime prior to the 6 months.
- You must receive a passing grade of 85% or better to receive certification.
- Students that do not achieve this score are able to retake the final exam one time, within 3 months, at no added fee.
- Additional attempts are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
Accreditations & Board Certification:
*AFPA has been granted full board accreditation by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. Graduates of AFPA with Nutrition & Wellness Certification credentials are eligible to apply to be board certified holistic health care practitioners through the AADP. AFPA graduates qualify for Board Certification through the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). You may contact the AADP at 1-888-764-AADP.
**AFPA Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification courses curriculum fully meets the ANMAB’s (American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board) accreditation board educational requirements. AFPA is accredited by the American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board.
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification – Online Testing: $420.00
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification – Mail-in Testing: $450.00
*We recommend purchasing the following textbook in addition to this course: