The AFPA Store. Health. Nutrition. Fitness.
Everything you need to stay at the top of your game.Shop the AFPA Store…
AFPA has received third party accreditation for the Personal Trainer Certification program by Vital Research and The Fitness Standards Council (FSC) a non-profit international organization, established to act as an unbiased mediation committee or resource, to uphold and regulate quality standards within the fitness industry and to provide consumer protection of those standards in the areas of personal trainer certification, personal trainer practices, and fitness facility operations.
AFPA has elected not to have the Personal Trainer Certification program accredited by NCCA because NCCA is not recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Education to grant accreditation; in addition they are not recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). NCCA does not accredit institutions or educational programs, only examinations. NCCA specifically states that any organization that seeks accreditation of their examination cannot require candidates to take any of their courses, classes, training, or workshops as a prerequisite to sit for their examination. It is for these reasons that AFPA chose to seek accreditation from other recognized accreditation agencies, as we believe that some form of educational training prior to and in conjunction with an examination is a necessary precursor for success in the fields of fitness, nutrition and wellness.
- AFPA Personal Trainer Certification is accreditated by Vital Research.
- American Association of Drugless Practitioners
- AFPA Nutrition courses curriculum fully meets the AADP's accreditation board educational requirements, giving AFPA students a thorough knowledge of courses set-forth by the Institute. Graduates of AFPA are eligible to apply to be a board certified Holistic Health Care Practitioners through the AADP.
- American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board
- AFPA Nutrition courses curriculum fully meets the ANMAB's accreditation board educational requirements.
- AFPA is a member of ICE (National Organization of Competency Assurance)
- AFPA Certification programs have been approved for the G.I. Bill 1.888.GIBill-1.
- AFPA is a member of IACET. IACET is dedicated to quality in continuing education and training. Members of the organization are the educational professionals and organizations that strive to provide the highest quality in continuing education and training.
- AFPA is a member of the Better Business Bureau.
- AFPA is recognized by the NATA Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for certified athletic trainers. To receive this prestigious approval, the AFPA programs underwent an extensive Board review process. Certified Athletic Trainers can now earn various credential through AFPA while obtaining CEU's toward the maintenance of their athletic training license.
- AFPA is a member of the International Health Racquet Sportsclub Association.
- AFPA is a member of the National Intramural-Recreation Sports Association.
Download the AFPA Course Catalog [PDF Format]
AFPA Certification Programs are approved for the G.I.Bill, MYCAA and more!Learn More…
AFPA "Beach Jam" Fitness, Trainer, Sports & Mind Body Conference
May 8 - 10, 2014
Ocean City, MD